Getting a Quest

Ever since I was claimed most campers have been avoiding me like the plague, I'm the first camper to ever be claimed by two gods and many for the first few days everyone even though I was one which was really strange since they kept bowing and saying 'Lord Perseus' and then I had to explain that I wasn't a god and it was really annoying.

Anyways most of the campers were scared of my show of power, they kept muttering most powerful demigod in years blah blah blah. I didn't really pay attention to it though since my friends still stuck around. Me Luke, Clarisse, the Stolls, Grover, and Charles Beckendorf have just been hanging around, sparring, and let's not forget pranking everyone that was hilarious! We all went to Athena's cabin and hid fake spiders everywhere as well as changing all of their books to loads of different copies of 'Hermes Official Rulebook of Pranking and Thievery'.

After I was claimed I moved into mums cabin because dads cabin is filled with loads of creepy statues and I swear their eyes move, I was making breakfast in my cabin because I was hungry and breakfast doesn't start for another hour when an IM just appeared right in front of me scaring the absolute Styx out of me. "Persues Jackson!" A voice yelled

I looked up into the IM and saw it was mum and dad sitting on their thrones, dramatically. "Hey mum, hi dad what's up with the dramatic throne business?"

They started laughing but then dad said "I've informed Chiron that a prophecy for finding my master bolt should be issued today make sure you're on the quest, oh and good luck!"

I nodded and then said, "Thanks guys, I'll IM you if I find anything." 

"Love you, two sons, be careful," they told me before swiping the mist away.

 LINE BREAK

I just finished eating my breakfast when I heard someone pounding at my door, I went over to the door and opened it to see an out of breath and then looked at the sky to see it was full of thunder clouds as if a storm was brewing, my dad is a real drama queen I'll tell you that. "Hey Grove, come in! What do you need?" I asked

He trotted inside looking worried and said "Mr. D wants to speak to you"

I nodded and asked "Why, what's he need?" even though I knew full well what this was about.

"I don't know he wouldn't tell me but he kept muttering about killing someone!"

I told him I would be there in a minute and went to get dressed before I ran over to the big house seeing Apollo kids playing volleyball completely ignoring the thundering in the sky and storm clouds above us. I saw Grover at the front porch of the big house motioning me to follow him, D was sitting at the pinochle table talking to Chiron who was sitting in his fake wheelchair. They were playing against invisible opponents before they noticed me "Well brother it took you long enough, Chiron here wanted to send the Poseidon kid here but I

convinced him you're the better option."

"Thanks, D. Is it about what father talked about?" I asked he nodded and then said he has to go for an emergency meeting on Olympus and twisted his credit card so it turned into a security pass and flashed away. Chiron smiled at me but it looked fake or forced and said "Sit Percy, Grover please." 

Once we were sitting down Chiron laid his cards down, a winning hand he didn't get to use. "Tell me, Percy, what did you think of the Hellhound?"

"You could say I'm used to it Chiron," I told him "I steeled my nerves and overcame it like I was trained too."

 He nodded as if saying it was an acceptable answer and then he started talking about how I will see worse foe if I choose to accept blah blah blah I tuned him out after the first few minutes because everyone knows as good as a teacher Chiron is he can't give a pep talk for the life of him.