Grover in a wedding dress

Percy/Nerva POV:

Now I have no idea how James feels about his new cabin mate but let me tell you I think that Poseidon is an idiot for claiming the Cyclops. Not only is Tyson going to be tormented by almost everyone except maybe the Hepheatetus cabin but now James, his son will be made fun of for having Cyclops as a brother let alone the people that will be pissed a 'monster' got claimed before them.

There was a moment of awed silence just as there was when James and I were claimed but instead of everyone kneeling they followed Tantalus's lead and roared with laughter. "Well! I think we know where to put the beast now. By the gods, I can see the family resemblance!" 

Everyone laughed, well mostly everyone, Luke, James, some girl from Demeter cabin, and I were the only ones who didn't.

Tyson didn't seem to notice though. He was too mystified, trying to swat the glowing trident that was now fading over his head. He was too innocent to understand how much they were making fun of him, how cruel people were. 

But I knew. 

James had a new cabin mate, a Cyclops at that and it will either be the making of James or will be the way he breaks.

TIME SKIP                                                                                                                                                                                    Percy/Nerva POV:

The next few days were pretty normal, well for me that is. I sparred with Luke and Clarisse every now and then and practiced my archery, did my chores, and kept trying to think of a way to save the tree. I have no idea why the Roman keeps saying something about a fleece but eh what can you do?       

Now for James, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's been torture for him and I could tell that Tantalus knew by the smug grin he had every time he looked in his direction. 

The Cyclops, Tyson, kept following James around grinning like a madman, or monster in this case mumbling "James is my brother." under his breath. Every time Tyson wasn't around James would try to make an excuse by saying something like, "He's not really my brother. More like a half-brother from the monstrous side, like a half-brother twice removed."

Nobody bought it and everyone could tell he was pissed, but he was also starting to act less like a demigod version of Draco Malfoy, which is an improvement from last summer soon enough we might even have a capable son of Poseidon camp, well a son of Poseidon who recognizes the old fool as their father anyway.

Eventually, he cheered up a bit, some daughter of Demeter started hanging out with him, even offered to help him with his chariot, not ride it though apparently, she's scared of chariot riding.

So to sum it all up James has a new friend, or crush if you couldn't tell from the way his cheeks flushed every time she approached him but they do both look like oblivious idiots, he also has a new cabin mate which you could tell he likes even if he tries to deny it anytime Tyson's brought up and he's becoming a functional member of Camp Half-Blood, which I'll be honest I didn't think that would ever actually happen.      

So to be honest I think that besides the fact if we don't find a way to heal Thalia's tree soon my soul will be forever swimming in the Styx and camp will be overrun with monsters everything's gone pretty well. 

TIME SKIP                                                                                                                                                          Percy/Nerva POV: