Escaping the Casino

Percy POV:

Nico and Bianca were right behind me whilst we went to look for the others, Nico kept talking about Mythomagic attack points and wondering what 'super cool abilities he might have. Bianca on the other hand kept scolding him about acting like its a game but for some reason wouldn't look me in the eye and her face was completely red, maybe she got sunburnt.

We eventually found Luke playing a game called where he ran around pranking, thieving, killing random strangers. I don't exactly like things like that myself but I decided not to comment on it and to focus on getting on of this cursed casino. 

"Luke" I yelled "This place is a trap!" 

He didn't even flinch at the noise and kept muttering about stealing from pig-like mortals, I suddenly had an idea, a cruel idea but still an idea. "ANNABETH'S IN TROUBLE!" 

He suddenly woke from his trance-like state and turned around in alarm "Where is she!" He yelled.

Bianca and Nico were just as they had no idea who Annabeth was and we're probably quite confused on how one minute they were happily living in a casino and then they get thrust into the world of Greek Mythology. 

"Luke, calm down." I said softly "Annabeth's fine but this place is a trap, Nico and Bianca come have been in here since World War 2 and think it's only been a few months." 

He looked spooked but then realized I had bought two olive-skinned companions following behind me. "Okay, we'll get the others and leave but who are Nico and Bianca?" He asked

I smiled and said, "Nico and Bianca are demigods most likely Hades born in 1939, they have a strong aura of death surrounding them but Biancas dimmed slightly once I told them we're going to bring get them out of here." 

He frowned probably thinking about Thalia but started to talk to the Di Angelos. We eventually found James surrounded by a dozen girls, I couldn't do this if you paid me to so I'm praying that these aren't real humans and are some monster because if you can willingly touch James in a... intimate way so to speak then you must be going mad. 

"I AM JAMES THESEUS WATERS AND I AM THE LORD OF WOMAN!" James yelled

I groaned and Bianca covered Nico's eyes and ears and growled at us and hissed "Hurry up and get your... companion thing of those girls!" 

Luke and I barely managed to contain our laughter but went over to James and started to drag him away from the woman-looking things, he started yelling and even tried to attack us but we just made him get up so we could go look for Grover.

LINE BREAK 

We eventually found Grover playing virtual reality deer hunter, Luke and I snorted in amusement and yelled "Grover!" 

He turned around and said "Die, human! Die, silly, polluting nasty person!"

"Grover!"

He turned the plastic gun towards our group and started clicking as if I were just another image from the screen. I looked at Luke and Bianca, and together we grabbed Grover by his arms and legs and carried him away.

His flying shoes sprang to life and started tugging his legs in the other direction as he shouted, "No! I just got to a new lever! No" 

Bianca surprisingly slapped him across the face and let me tell you I don't want to get on her bad side it looked like it hurt!

The Lotus bellhop hurried up to us. "Well, now are you ready for your platinum cards?" 

Nico and James looked like they wanted to agree but before they could speak Bianco elbowed Nico and punched James and it looked rather painful. "We're leaving!" She yelled

"Such a shame," he said and I got the feeling that he really meant it, that we'd be breaking his heart if we went. "We just added an entire new floor of games for platinum-card members." 

He held out the cards, and I could tell a few of us wanted them. I knew that if we took them we would never leave. We would happily stay here, happy forever, playing games forever, and soon I'd forget my parents and my family and this stupid quest.

Wait that can't be right why would I ever want to forget about 'Lord Father the Drama King himself' and 'Queen I Pretend to hate Everyone' as well as 'Lady Wise One' and 'Lord Cool Guy Awesomeness'

Nico, James, and Grover all reached for a card when Bianca and Luke shook them out of their trance and said "No, thanks."

We walked toward the door, and as we did, the smell of the food and the sounds of the games seemed to get more and more inviting. I thought about our rooms upstairs. We could just stay the night, sleep in a real bed for once . . .

Then we burst through the doors, mostly because of Bianca and I really gotta say for someone who just learned they were a demigod she's rather good at it.

We ran down the sidewalk, it felt like an afternoon, about the same time of day we'd gone into the casino, but something was wrong. The weather had completely changed. It was stormy, with heat lightning flashing out in the desert. The sheath of my father's bolt was slung over my shoulder.

We ran over to the nearest newspaper stand and read the year first. Thank the gods, it was the same year it had been when we went in. Then I noticed the date: June twentieth. We had been in the Lotus Casino for five days. We had only one day left until the summer solstice. One day to complete our quest.

"Fuck"