[FLUFF] crying in class { Rindou }

a/n: this is just a comfort fic for me honestly cause i feel like shit rn

pairing: haitani rindou x gn!reader
warnings: none, babes

summary: After school, there was no one in class so it allowed you time in your mind which wasn't a good idea. You're too overwhelmed by many issues of life that you can't seem to tackle them all with a proper solution. It just stabs you right in the heart and pain seeps in deep into your veins as you felt tears well up at the back of your eyes. You didn't realise someone heard it either.

________________________

The bell ringed signifying the end of school. Students bowed to the teacher present in class and said their farewell for the day as they gather their stuff to leave. Loud chatters filled the hallways as everyone go home in pairs or groups and soon it turned into a quiet empty room with tables and chairs.

The quiet ambience ringed in your ear as you fully take in the current situation. You're alone. Except for the voices of students in after school club down on the first floor. Such cheerful manners of the sports club members, so excited to get sweaty and out of breath for no reason.

Life was dull, and maybe horrible. The dark evening light, the soft winds blowing from the window, gave you a twisted sense of peace. Time allocated just for you to be stuck in your mind, thinking of your problems.

You didn't expect to cry in public, but you didn't realise you were sobbing until you feel the heavy drops of tears wetting the sleeves of your uniform as you struggle to wipe the endless river off like a mistake that needs to be undone. Until when you realise it's like a stain that can't be erased, you allowed yourself to cry.

Your face covered in the palm of your hands, you sobbed out all your worries as if it's gonna be fix anything, you know it's not but at least the heavy stones in your heart felt lifted even if slightly. You tried to cry as quietly as possible as to not attract the attention of any human beings here at school, but you were too drowned in your own tears to hear the screech of the door sliding open.

"Shit can't believe I forgot my-" he paused. Who just walked in was none other than the younger brother of the haitanis. He didn't expect to see anyone here, especially anyone crying their eyes out. He usually would just mind his business since he rarely even came to school, but your sobs sounds.. painful even to him and trust me, he've heard a lot of painful cries.

He was munching cookies but his chewing slowed
as he laid eyes upon you. He stared at your sobbing self that's still not aware he just waltzed in there. He didn't know why but he was drawned to you like an unstoppable magnetic force. He's not even sure why he stepped closer and even grabbed the seat in front of you and sat facing back, right at you.

Once you felt the stare you looked up from your hands to see a person you were sure your classmate but he was absent for so long, you barely remember. His face was handsome nonetheless and he was just staring at you through his glasses with a blank expression. You blinked, making sure you weren't hallucinating a random gorgeous stranger sitting in front of you.

Seems real enough when you heard his voice.

"Your lover broke up with you or something?" he asked, amused.

You shake your head in response, that's not it.

"You failed a class?" he asked, a brow raised.

Again, you shook your head.

"I can't keep guessing it'll be so much easier if you just tell me" he scratched the back of his head in frustration. You held back a smile. Is he.. asking you what's wrong? in his own way too.

It intrigued you, this stranger who you don't even know the name of and better, he doesn't know yours either. You didn't realise you had been staring until he leaned to rest his chin on your desk, lacing his palm on the desk before.

"You can't speak?" he suddenly asked.

You almost shook your head as a response but that'll just tell him a different answer so you answered with a voice shaky from crying, "no.."

he hummed a flat tone. He almost thought you feared him or something, not that it's unusual but strangely, the thought of you hating him as a first impression stings his pride.

You on the other hand was too entranced by his aura, it's powerful but not in a bad way. The waters collected in your waterline formed a tear that ran down your cheek and it got rindou flustered. You were more flustered when he moved his other hand to cup your face and wipes it off with his thumb.

"Damn, stop crying already, am I making you cry?" he asked sincerely.

"No!" you answered almost immediately and he was pleased to hear your answer, you were shocked by how quick it took you to answer too, you bashfully continue, "not at all.."

his hand didn't move from it's previous position, his thumb still caressing your skin even though there's no tears to wipe. His hand was big, you thought. and warm. He was enticed by the contact between your skin and his. He didn't want to leave and you didn't either.

You let out a soft sigh of relief, you're feeling so calm right now is it because of this stranger's peculiar way of comfort?

He seems to be out of it too as he shook his head and stood up, his hand leaving your cheek causing the wind to caress your cheeks, the coldness prickling at your skin. He softly pat your head before walking back to the door the same way he walked in but he turned on his heel before leaving to say,

"Haita-" he stopped himself, "Rindou. You better remember, I'll be sad if you forget" he laughs.

And he was gone like the wind. Who was that? Why did he do that? How? You had so many questions but his voice just lingered in your mind. Rindou.. you don't recall that name in your class. You don't even know him personally yet his comfort stopped you from crying and paused your worries.

You looked out from the window and you saw him downstairs, waving to a taller man, with twin braids along the side of his head. They seemed to know each other, they were talking and laughing. He turned his head right to the window where you were observing them like a creep, you shivered, he simply smiled and waved.

______________________

"Took you long enough" Ran complained.

"I know you were sitting at the field, probably scaring the tennis girls, enjoying your time" rindou replied.

"Hah" Ran laughed, "You know they just squeal when they see me"

"In a bad way obviously" Rindou said before getting elbowed by his brother, laughing.

-END-

A/N: no idea where i was going i just felt like shit and wished rindou comforted me or sumn 🙄