{ REQUEST } [ Im Kind Of In Love With You - Ran ]

Ok what about being besties w ran,like joking all the time without taking anything seriously and suddenly you told him that you're lake someone so he realized that he's actually loves you and try to -admit to you and not fucked up your friendship-

A/N: ah, the sacred best friends to lovers trope... lets do this. i hope you enjoy this thank you so much for the request!! T^T @idonthaveuser9

you guys don't know how much i love comments so never be afraid to say anything :D

oh and none of these are canon, in don't even know if they go to school 💀 ken wakui, their backstory when???

pairing: Haitani Ran x gn!Reader

warnings: uh.. curse words?

_______________________

"Shall I walk you home, m'lady?" A man in twin braids offer you.

"Fuck off" you laugh at this unusual behaviour, "Ran I thought you're gonna walk with your baby brother" you mockingly said.

"Kid got caught smoking by the teacher" he cackled, "told him not to smoke on school grounds."

"You.. have a pack in your pocket right now." you pointed to one of his pockets.

"I'll give you one if you don't tell" he whispered and you just giggled and shook your head.

Normally, people would get scared of him. It's like they're supposed to, he's THE Haitani Brothers, the older one too. Who wouldn't be scared of what might tick him off and he just decided to use whoever's close as a punching bag? No one dare not try to find out.

Not saying you're the oh so quirky and different than other humans but yea sure exactly. It's a funny coincidence how you became friends but things just escalate till here. You're not complaining, every second is a fun time with him, always joking and playing around, nothing needs to be serious.

On the walk home, you both stoppped at a convenience store to get popsicles. Who doesn't like a cold little treat on a hot day, of course he's paying. Only because he lost to the race there, he did it on purpose because somehow your satisfied laugh when you won just brings him utmost joy.

You were eyeing which popsicle to get, of course using the most of the winner card, might as well get the most expensive one. Ran rolls his eyes at you though he's smiling. He chose his popsicle already, just waiting for you to stop being coy and choose your usual popsicle.

"I think they got lost in their closet before they stepped out" he giggled as he gestured to the other person here, picking out snacks from the shelf, completely oblivious to their mismatched socks, half tucked in shirt and the jacket that doesn't match the outfit overall.

You picked your popsicle and turned to look where he was looking but not making it obvious and gasped when you realise it was.

"Why are you that shocked, is it someone you know?" Ran asks curiously.

"Let's. Quickly. Get. Out. Of. Here" you whisper yelled to him and he just looks at you with a confused face. You just give him the gesturing to the door to leave, the eyes that's of immediate urgency and he just looks more confused. "Let's get out." you whispered again, loudly to him.

"The fuck, are you suggesting we steal these?" He lifted the two popsicles, "Go wait outside, damn" and you just did an "oh" and did as he said.

Continuing the walk in silence, only the sounds of rustlings of nature in the streets, the evening light painted the scene in shades of gold. Ran wondered who that was and why were you so flustered to see them, a dark feeling shrouded his heart as he continues to think.