INTRO

Sanaa was filled with joy. "THE WAR HAS ENDED AND THE HEROES HAVE COME" was chanted around the town. The war was finally over and the soldiers were returning. The mothers were prepping the meals as the young boys of the town ran from store to store. The laughter of the girls filled the whole town. As for me, I couldn't bring myself to step outside. I lapsed around my house nervously playing with the ring in my hand. I had waited for two months and it was never as hard as it is right now. These matters of minutes even seconds feel like an eternity. I was becoming a complete mess.

"Abbas, abbas, abbas " his name was echoing in my head, I couldn't wait to see him, to say his name, to feel his warmth. The dumb smirk he always had on his face. I missed him but I couldn't bring myself to admit it. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle the thought of anything bad happening to him. "ya Allah, grant me patience and forgive me for what will come of me"

There was a low knock on the door, my heart sank as I rushed to open it.

*****

Aslam alkium everyone, I'm so excited to share with you my first ever book, I'm hoping to show a self-discovery journey filled with hope, love, and sadness. I would like to thank all you beautiful readers for taking the time and reading this story that has been in my mind for a while and I think it's finally time that I share it with everyone. I enjoy any type of criticism, I'm trying my best to improve my writings skills so that in the future insha'Allah I will publish another book with much more experience than what I have started with.