Chapter 7: Spider Forest

NO POV

"W-wait Nezuko, p-please snap back!" she cupped up his cheeks between her hands. Y/N faced steamed, he shut his eyes as he felt her breath very close to him.

"Kyaaaa!" they heard a scream, Nezuko got off from Y/N, putting her mask back on. He got up and open the door, only to saw Zenitsu passing by being chased by Inosuke.

"GET THIS FRICKING MONSTROSITY AWAY FROM." Inosuke shouted while Inosuke roared. Tanjiro went after them but stopped infront of the two. "Oh, Nezuko were you with Y/N?" he asked.

"Mhm!" she nodded responding to her brother as she received head pats from him, acting all innocent. "That's sweet. We should rest up." she nodded. Taking Tanjiro into the room.

Y/N managed to escaped her grasp for now but he knew. Next time, he ain't gona be lucky. Even though she was wearing a mask, he felt the sweet demonic smile from her. "She's gona be the death of me..."Y/N layed down exhausted.

It got noisy again once the other two found out about Nezuko but everyone headed tp bed afterwards.

-at night-

Everyone was asleep, Y/N twisted and turned remembering the death of his father and family members. The image of him stained with blood of the people who died and the demons he killed.

He wanted to break out of this nightmare but couldn't. The others were in a deep sleep. Only one person noticed Y/N having a nightmare.

It was Nezuko, she gently shook him so he waked up but it didn't helped. "Hmm...Mmm! " she layed down next to him under the blanket, pulling his head into her chest.

The warm feeling eased Y/N up, his body wasn't tensed up anymore. He did let out a tear of relief in his sleep. Nezuko was actually going for something else but didn't mind holding Y/N in her arm.

-next morning-

The group have recovered and were heading to their next mission, members of the demon slayer corp went missing at a forest. "You seemed a bit quiet Y/N, are you okay?

"I am fine... Just had a nightmare but somehow i still felt rested..." he answered. He wondered what the feeling was last night.

Once it turned night again, they arrived at the outside of the forest. "So this is the forest... I feel several demons inside the forest. "

"M-maybe we shouldn't head in there. It looks scary..." Zenitsu tried to go away. "AAAAAAHHH!!" a big screaming shout was heard inside the forest.

"Quick!!." Y/N and Tanjiro headed towards the scream. "W-wait don't leave me here!!" Zenitsu followed after them with Inosuke.

Tanjiro smelled the air. "This way" they turned direction. They stopped once they saw how other demon slayer members were fighting eachother.

"What's going on?! Why are you fighting eachother?" Tanjiro asked.

Y/N looked at those who are attacking. Their movements were odd, as if they were under control like a puppet.

"Someone is controlling their body..." he pulled out his blade. Fending off one of the members as they tried to attack Y/N.

"Look for any clues" he tried not to injure the others.

Zenitsu was scared while Inosuke was rather rough with the others. Tanjiro accidentally missed a swing, barely avoiding their head.

But he felt something, it felt like a string. He took a closer look at the blade, spotting webs sticking on them.

"Somebody is controlling their body through webs." is what he said. "We need to find the demon behind it." Y/N jumped back.

"HMPF, LEAVE THIS TO ME, Beast Style, Seventh Form: Spatial Awareness!" Inosuke felt the surroundings around him, tracing back and locating the demons position. "She is over there"

"I will take care of it." Y/N seperated himself, heading over to the demons location. Tracking her back down.

The demon realized that she is in trouble but remember the moments with Rui just a while before. "Maybe this isn't bad... I am done..." she accepted her fate.

Once Y/N spotted her, he tried to take her down but saw that she surrended on her own. He changed from the first form into the 5th: "Blessed rain after the drought...." Decapitating her with no pain.

He then prayed for the demon, wishing for her to reborn as a good person. "Now... I should head back to the others."

Y/N was about to head back but someone was getting launched in the sky. "Tanjiro!" he rushed over to where Tanjiro was sent flying.

Meanwhile Inosuke and Zenitsu were fighting their opponents. Back-up came with Shinobu and Tomiyoka and the other member of the demon slayer corp.

Y/N looked around for Tanjiro. "He should have landed somewhere here..." he sensed the danger and jumped up, avoiding the spider webs which were shot at him.

"Not bad for a human. But let's see how long you truly last." the lower moon 5, Rui has appeard.

"I can tell that he is way stronger than the others... I have to be careful..." Y/N rushed towards the demon. Focusing and concentrating. "Water Breathing: Fourth Form..." the demon shot the webs towards Y/N, aiming to cut him down. The webs weren't normal and getting hit by them would be fatal.

"Striking tide!" Y/N slashed the webs, approaching the demon rapily and closing the distance.

"Hmm!" Rui seemed surprised that Y/N managed to cut the webs without efforts. "You are not bad at all. But let's see how you handel with those..."
Rui used a demon blood art on the webs, enhancing them.

He created another barage of webs towards Y/N. Y/N swung the sword to cut them only to have his blade getting destroyed "Wha-!?".

Y/N tried to avoid the remaining attacks but was to slow, as the strings cut all over his body "Aagh!!...".

Once the attack was over, Y/N collapsed onto the ground bleeding.

"Well... That's it for you." Rui was about finish him off until he  receiving a massive kick, flying across the ground and crashing into a tree.

Y/N looked upfront to see Nezuko, standing infront of him.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro caught up to her only to spott Y/N bleeding on the ground. "Y/N!" he tried to approach him but Y/N shouted at Tanjiro. "Focus on the demon, he is a lower moon!"

Tanjiro looked over where Nezuko was staring at. The demon Rui, got up, recovering from the kick. "Tsk... You gona pay for that." enraged he tangled Nezuko into his webs up the trees.

"Nezuko!!" Tanjiro shouted as he attacked the demon. Rui shot the same strings at Tanjiro. "Don't cut those strings!" Tanjiro couldn't stopped the swing as his blade broke as well but thanks to Y/N warning he immediately backed off.

"That was to careless... If it wasn't for Y/Ns warning. I be dead..." he panted, gathering his composure. They won't make it out alive, is what went through his mind. He had to do something to save atleast Nezuko and Y/N.

A flashback went through his head, as Tanjiro was remembering what his dad told him about a certain dance...
He took a deep breath before running at Rui.

"No matter what you try. It's no use." Rui used his demon blood art to kill him. Tanjiro moved ran faster as he swung his sword, doing the unexpected.

"Hinokami Kagura: Dance!