Chapter 0: Prolouge

Author POV

-few weeks before-

Y/N L/N was only 14. He was a happy kid being with his big family. The village was lively. But the nights were dangerous and all the happiness soon turned into sadness and fear.

The village was attacked by a demon who killed and consumed humans. People were trying to kill it but without success.

His family tried everything to fend it off and protect the members yet failed as well. His father who managed to get a hit on the demon, was soon killed after the Demon regenerated itself.

Out of anger and sadness, Y/N stood infront of the Demon, trying to protect his mother and two sisters like his father did. The demon laughed, having a kid facing him. "You want to die that badly huh? ~"

Y/N didn't answered, his eyes were soulless at this moment but nobody noticed. He picked up the sword which his father used before, holding it with both his hands in a stance. "Just die!!" the demon tried to strike Y/N but he wasn't there anymore.

Next thing the demon felt was pain on his neck. He wondered what just happend. The demon was nearly decapitated by Y/N but his head just barely remains.

Y/N collapsed behind the demon on the floor not knowing what just happend as he looked towards the demon.

"YOU LITTLE BR-" before the demon could finish his sentence, his head was off. Slowly desintegrade to ashes. "You did well to protect your family..." this was the last thing he heard as a figure walked towards him, soon Y/N went unconscious.

Y/N woke up in a bed, breathing heavily. He looked around the room to find himself at home again. Y/N heard something been drop on the floor as he looked towards the door. It was your mother who came up to you hugging you tightly in tears. "I am so happy your awake.... You were sleeping for 3 weeks..."

Suprised to hear this he asked her hesitantly. "I-it was real... Wasn't it..." you teard up, saden of the loss of your father and other members from the family.

Your older sister walked in "Y/N..." she was overjoyed to see you awake, with her your younger sister.

"Mother...there was this person..." she looked at you as she handed you a letter.

"It's from him..." she said. You opend it up:

"Y/N, my name is Tomioka Giyu. I saw your fight against the demon. It was impressive, you have potential inside you to become a Demon Hunter. Please go to the foot of Mt. Sagiri. My master Sakonji Urokodaki will await you there."

Y/N remained silent. "Y/N it's fine... Just do what you think is right..." he looked at his mother. "I thought you were gona stop me" she only shook her head and smiled. "You must be destined for this, as long you gone visit us and stay alive and healthy I am happy" she touched her forhead with his.

"I will be a Demon Hunter, for your sake mother." he smiled as his sister came to his bed hugging him.

A few days passed after Y/N managed recovered slightly. "Please take care of yourself.. And don't get yourself killed please.." Y/N's mother hugged her son in tears. "I will... I promise mom."

His little sister went up hugging him "I am gona miss you Onii-chan...." his older sister also went to hug Y/N as well. Seeing her little brother to take off into a dangerous journey.

Y/N made his way, waving a last time at his remaining family members.

He got everything he needed to travel to Mt. Sagiri. In addition to his bag, he carries a sword with him which was passed down in his family.

It took him about one week to finally arrive at Mt. Sagiri. Y/N was greeted by a man with a mask. "So you are the kid which Tomioka suggested... Hmmm...." he took a look at you. "You don't look like a fighter yet, I can feel why Tomioka sended you to me. Alright! I train you to become a Demon Hunter."

With this, Y/N training started.

-present time-

During Y/N training session, Y/N noticed Urokodaki carrying a girl in the house." Isn't that a... " he stopped his training and went inside the cabin.

"Master isn't this..." he looked down on the girl who seemed to be sleeping. "I know but trust me there must be something more behind it. You can stop training for today" Y/N nodded and sat down looking at the girl. "She is sleeping but it sounds peaceful..."

"I be right back Y/N" he left Y/N and the girl alone in the cabin. Time slowly went by. Y/N kept watching after the girl but after a while he yawned getting tired as well. He layed down almost close to her falling asleep.

Time passed till dawn. Y/N was still sleeping while Urokodaki was back a long time ago, watching after the girl and Y/N.

Y/N waked up as he felt another presence coming this way. He slowly stood up. "Finally awake?" Urokodaki asked. "Someone is coming here" responded Y/N. Just then the door opend as a boy with black haired boy with hanafuda earrings stood at the door panting.

"Haaa... Haaa..." he was exhausted and all bruised up. Y/N looked suprised and wondered who this boy is.

"So you made it till dawn

"So you made it till dawn. You passed the test. Your official training will start from here on, Tanjiro.

Hearing this meant that Y/N will have another person training with Urokodaki. The boy named Tanjiro regained his breath, responding.

"Yes"