Chapter 3: Nichirin Blade

Y/N POV

It has been two weeks since myself and Tanjiro passed the final selection. Tanjiro was cutting some woods while I was teaching Nezuko how to speak, read and write again. Since I came from a well lifed family.

We were inside a room which was darken so Nezuko wouldn't get burned by the sun.

Despite losing a part of her memories, she does remember that Tanjiro is her brother and that she can't harm any humans, only to fight demons.

"How is the teaching going?" Tanjiro walked into the room. "It's going pretty well. She learned everything really fast. Your diary also helped."

"I am glad to hear that, thank you again for taking your time to teach Nezuko." he smiled as he sat down next to Nezuko. "Don't bother with it, she reminds me of my own sisters at home." I chuckled.

They smiled but Tanjiro's smiled faded. Their tragedy is hard. Both of them lost their whole family by a demon and are the only survivors.

I felt bad, i needed to say something."Say, Tanjiro and Nezuko. If we have time. Do you wana visit my family? I would like to introduce them to you two." both of them looked at me. "Is that alright? Won't they be frightened when they know Nezuko is a demon?" he seemed worried.

"They would be shocked at first but knowing them, they will trust on what I do. Plus I bet my little sister would love Nezuko, cause she always dreamed about meeting a good demon in her life." I reassure them that everything would be fine.

"Thank you Y/N" he smiled while Nezuko nodded and gave me a hug. "Thank you". I giggled and hugged her back, stroking her.

A few hours have passed as the day turned afternoon. A man made his way towards towards the cabin.

Tanjiro was outside while i stayed inside. It turns out that our swords are finally done. A man named Hotaru Haganezuka walked in with two packages surrounded by a layer of white cloth.

I sat down, so did Tanjiro as the man unpacked our swords

"So those are our swords?" I tilted my head curiously. "Yes, I made the swords for you both. I have put everything to make your blades."

I watched as he handed Tanjiro's sword to him. "So now the blade should be changing its colour right?"

"Yes" Urokodaki answered my question while Tanjiro pulled his sword out.

Tanjiro held his sword. The blade slowly changed from the metallic grey to black. "Whoa! It turned black! "

"ARGH!!!" but someone wasn't

"ARGH!!!" but someone wasn't. "I was hoping to finally see a bright red sword!!! Damnit!!!" he then tackled Tanjiro and almost strangled him.

"Ahem, Haganezuka, you forgot about the other kid." Urokodaki pointed towards me. "Right, you were also there." he came calmed down and handed me my sword.

I pulled my sword out, the grip was all white. I held my sword and looked at the blade. The colour of the blade changed drastically.

"It's...."

"Huh, interesting. A very dark marine blue on the hamon part but also overall black. Only the shinogi part is white." Haganezuka sighs being dissapointed as well. "Is that a bad thing I asked?"

"Well, black nichirin swords are really rare and aren't very known about. That is because the user usually doesn't come that far."

"I-I see" I stared at my sword. Then our crows were appeard at the window.

Our first mission was to be announced. In a town, young girls were dissappearing and we should go there to investigate the problem.

Haganezuka then took his leave. "Our first mission." I gripped on my shirt feeling nervous yet excited.

"Let's sleep early today so that we are well rested for tomorrow." Tanjiro prepared his stuff for tomorrow. I nodded. Nezuko who crawled out under the blanket after Haganezuka left, pulled on my sleeve. "Y/N-nii?"

"Hehe, alright alright" I looked down and patted her head. She cuddled my hand. "Mmm~". It's so cute when she is comfortable and happy.

It felt like spoiling my own little sister.
She soon fell asleep on my lap, sleeping soundly.

"Nezuko seemed to be really found of you. I can entrust you to her right, Y/N?" I looked up to Tanjiro. "Yeah, I will protect her as well with everything I have."

We all went to bed after that

-next morning-

I was putting on my clothes so was Tanjiro. Our uniform was mostly black. I picked up my sword and put my haori on. After that wrapping my neck with a small black scarf.

Urokodaki-san made a wooden box for Nezuko to travel in during day

Urokodaki-san made a wooden box for Nezuko to travel in during day. It looked like a delivery box.

"Alright Nezuko, we are going now. Go in" she gave Urokodaki a final hug before crawling into the box.

"I forgot that she can change her size.." I already went out, waiting outside.

Tanjiro followed me after. We both stood in a row infront of Urokodaki. "We will be going then"

He walked up to the both of us. He buttons up the top from Tanjiro Uniform and then tied my scarf correctly for me.

He proceeded with patting both our shoulder as he nodded. "Mhm." I smiled, so did Tanjiro as we finally made our way.

We waved him for a last time before leaving for our mission.

Our journey finally begun..

....

....

NO ONE POV

-the same day at night-

A young couple were strolling through the night together enjoying themself. But after passing the next lamp, the girl suddenly dissapeard....