Chapter 10: Mugen Train

Y/N and his group were walking through the passenger carts. "I think we should first meet up with Rengoku-san" Y/N nods as Tanjiro opens the next cart door. "TASTY!!!"

Rengoku was eating his bento shouting the word 'delicious' with every bite he took.

Y/N slowly approach Rengoku. "Uhm, Rengoku-san?"
"Tasty!!" he shouts while turning to Y/N.

Y/N jumps back. "Uhm, i can hear you clearly..." the group sat down. Tanjiro had a conversation with the flame Hashira while Y/N and the others were minding their own business

The door to the cart opens when the conductor walked in to stamp the tickets. Once it was their turn the man stamped their tickets.

The lights start to flicker.
Y/N noticed that something was off. He reaches for his sword only for Rengoku to stop him. Basically, telling Y/N that he will handle it.

Rengoku got up and turned towards the end of the cart. "Mr. Conductor, please overlook the fact that we are carrying swords, it is going to be dangerous now."

The lights turned off for a moment.
At the door was a demon, standing in the hallway. The passengers hid in fear as Rengoku draw his swords, facing the demon.

"Flame breathing: First form..." he starts running towards the demon. The demon also charges at Rengoku, attacking him.

"Unknowing fire"
Rengoku blitz passes the demon before decapitating the demon with a horizontal slash. He passed by two carts before landing on his feet. The demon exploded midair in front of Y/N and the others.

"Amazing!" Y/N looks amazed at the display of power. The other cheerfully celebrate the victory but unbeknownst to them. Everyone was sleeping.

In a different part on the train, Enmu's hand ordered some of the passenger to fulfill their duty if they want the happy dream again.

Each of them tied a thread around the wrist of the demon slayers, entering their dream.

------

Y/N was walking through a thick mist in a forest. He looks around, wondering where he is.
"What is this place? I swear that I was with Rengoku and the others on the train"

He continues walking through the Mist before stopping at a familiar place.
"That is my village!"

He hears rustling in the bushes. Y/N turns around, holding on the hilt of his sword. Out of the bushes came his older sister.
"Y/N?"

"Sis Yue? W-what are you doing here?" he asks her. She replies to him.
"I went to get some herb."

"Yue, Y/N. Did you two met on the way home?" Y/N hears familiar voice where he thought he would never hear again. He turns around to see his father holding an axe and a bag of firewood.

"Dad..." the boy tears up running to his dad and giving him a hug. The man looks surprised to see his son crying.

Concerned about his son, he asked.
"Hey, what is wrong? Did something happen?"

Y/N shook his head, wiping the tears away. "No, it's nothing. I just missed you."

"Hehe, dad only went to get some wood. You didn't have to cry for that Y/N." his older sister chuckles.

Y/N pouts at his sister but smiles in the end. He has missed this feeling. Unaware to him, he reverted to his old clothing.
"Let's get back home, your mom is making boar roast tonight."

Y/N and his sister cheered for the news as they went home together.

------

In the train carts, everyone was sleeping. Nezuko opens the box as she gets out. She looks at her surroundings.