Chapter 1: The Kamado Siblings

Y/N POV

Today was another day of intense training. I managed to sense the traps in the forest and avoid basically most of them. For Tanjiro on the other hand...

"Gaaaah" he can smell them but isn't agile enough to avoid them. He fell once again. I reached my hand out towards him.

"Thank you, Y/N." he smiled. I responded with a smile as well. "Let's keep going" we continued running down the mountains over and over again.

-few weeks later-

Besides running down the mountain and avoiding the traps, we also learned how to use a sword. Doing the same motion was tiring though....

"777...778...779...780..." We panted slashing with a wood stick in the air. "Got to...keep working... Harder" Tanjiro called out to motivate himself.
My arms were burning but I got to endure it as well.

-another few weeks later-

Urokodaki-san teched us about this total concentration breathing technique, which would improve your physical human-traits.

I had some serious trouble to maintain my breathing and to pull it off, after I managed to get it though. I did the breathing Non-stop.

But beside all this training, there was one thing which didn't got out on my thoughts. The things what confuses me still is why his sister was a demon and why he brought her along.

I never asked him directly about the story, since I didn't wanted to be rude but maybe it would be a good time to ask.

"Say, Tanjiro..." I looked at him. "Yes?"
"Why did you bring your demon sister with you? Isn't it dangerous?" he looked at me and then on the ground.

"I should propably tell you what happend..." he took a deep breath. "My sister Nezuko was once a human not long ago... When I came home from selling charcoal... everyone at home... got massacred..."

My eyes widened to hear his story. "Nezuko was the only one alive... I tried to save her but before I could even realize. She attacked me...she got turned into a demon..." I could feel that he is sad, angry but also kind relieved.

"You were saved by Tomioka too, weren't you." he looked at me, suprised of me calling Tomioka's name. "You know him, Y/N?" he asked me.

"Not directly. I could only had a glimpse of him before I went unconscious. My mother and sister who survived told me that he finished the demon off and was impressed when I flighted a demon."

"That's amazing so you must be talented then!" Tanjiro smiled. But I shaked my head. "Not really... I couldn't cut off the demons head. But my family told me that I moved really weird and fast against the demon. This was after my father died.."

Tanjiro seemd fascinated by my story but also felt sorry, I could tell it directly from him. I stood up being ready to continue.

"Before we go back to training... What are you gona do with your sister, will she stay as a demon forever?" i turned my head looking at him.

"I try everything to turn her back to a human. There must be a way." this made me smile. "You are pure-hearted person Tanjiro. Let's get stronger together, so we can achieve your goal." he smiled. "Yeah!"

-1 year time skip-

We trained for a year since we came here. Before we knew, we were at the end with Urokodaki's training. "I have nothing to teach you anymore... For the Final Selection, you two have to slice those boulders in half to participate."

Urokodaki left without teaching us anything anymore. I practiced the water breathing forms to perfection while Tanjiro tried to cut the Boulder but without success. Eventually two persons came up to us, a girl and a boy. Their names were Makomo and Sabito.