☆Chapter 15☆

"I-"

"If you don't want to that's ok! But I'd still like to be friends though."

"Yes! I'd love to be your girlfriend Mezo. That would be amazing!" I said excitedly, bouncing up and down on the bed. I leaned forward a bit and hugged him tightly.

(Change of pov bc 3rd person suddenly sounds more pleasing)

He stopped momentarily, unsure how to react to the sudden touch. He gently hugged her back. His arms almost encased her entirely.

Link and Mezo talked to each other for hours after that about anything and everything. Something clicked the moment he spoke those words. It was just the phrase that Link had been waiting to hear for a while. Hopefully, this would bring her for of a sense of solidarity during her time in high school.

"Sir, visiting hours are over for all individuals under 18. I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave." A nurse came in unexpectedly, and Shoji immediately grabbed the blanket and covered his face.

"Of course, ma'am." He said then put his mask on once she had gone out of the room.  His smile never dropped once as he gathered his things. "I'll come and see you tomorrow, Link."

"See you then Mezo," she replied with a soft smile. Then all was quiet. It would be a good bit before anyone she knew got off of hero duty, so she was stuck between listening to music or sleeping. Either way, she doubted time would pass that quickly. Link eventually decided on the latter and dozed off in the wooden plank-like hospital bed. 

SO PEACEFUL... SO... BEAUTIFUL. MY LOVE...

Link slept on, blissfully unaware of the man standing outside her window. He had been watching her for a long time yet, and now was his chance. She was unaware and wounded. It would be so simple to just snatch her up and run away. Why shouldn't he? His father had told him long ago that he deserved the world. Anything he wanted deserved to be his. What was so different about one teenage girl? He was only 8 years older than her, it wasn't that big of a deal. What if he were to just... slip in this window. It was left open after all. 

He stepped inside the room and froze when his slick shoes made contact with the floor. A squeaking sound was heard, but then nothing. Link moved in her sleep, then settled again. The man thought for a moment. He only had so long to get her where he wanted her while she was still in her sleepy state. What if she started screaming? What if she wanted to fight back? His quirk only allowed her to stop him from using his, but he could still fight if need be. He was older and stronger. He liked to think he had a pretty good chance. While she was still sound asleep, he grabbed Link by her arms and hoisted her up and onto his back. She roused from her sleep and looked around. "Dad?" she asked.

"No, but I'm sure you'll see him again soon." He said softly, hoping to lull her back to sleep. She quickly started to squirm and fell out of his grip, making a harsh slapping sound as her bare skin hit the floor. 

"Help!" Link called, knowing that her eyes were too weak to cancel out his quirk. In the darkness of her room, she couldn't make out much more than a bird mask that he wore on his face, all other colors blended.

"There isn't any use in calling for help, darling. If my men did as they were told, all of the nurses in this wing are either dead or dying somewhere. They won't be able to help you."

Link let a look of horror pass over her face, then quickly covered it up. She started to back slowly to the door to the hall and hoped that she would have enough time to open, shut it, then get away. She wasn't going to die here, and she sure as hell wasn't going to be taken either. She would fight until she took her last breath.