Follies and a visit

You hear the wood cup clack gently onto the table and the small shuffle of clinking metal as Wilson continues his work. Your eyes flick from the dancing fire to the bits on the table. They reflect the light, seeming to flicker themselves. Wilson maneuvers the gears within a wooden box
"So, I know it's going to be an ice box. But where are we going to get the ice for it? I haven't really seen any anywhere."
"Ah, now that's what the gold is for." He plops a couple small pieces in with the gears, a subconscious smile on his face "Seeing as I'm a cripple for the foreseeable future, would you be willing to run this through the alchemy engine?"
"Uh, sure?" You're not exactly confident in that field of science, but okay.
"Thank you, my dear." Wilson hands you the medium sized contraption. You make your way across the small area to the Alchemy Engine and undo the latch holding the door of the rotund machine closed.
"It's quite easy," you hear Wilson speak up from across the way "just put the box in the machine and pull the lever. So simple, even a lady like yourself can do it."
You set the box in the machine "what's that supposed to mean?" You look at him, confused
"Hm?" You can hear the confusion in Wilson's voice, "Ah! Nothing by it, just that I thought it would be reassuring to know its simplicity." That doesn't help your case, my friend.
"Oh, I see.. and where is the lever again?"
"On the left side of the machine"
"Here then?" You grasp your hands around the right side.
"No, the big lever," He tries pointing at it.
"Ooh, this? It moves back and forth like a lever." You point up to the spinning main with a large grin.
"Bah, come off it. Now you're just being cheeky."
"Oh, so it's this?" You point exaggeratedly at the switch "that's a button. You wanted me to push a button this whole time?"
Wilson stares at you dumbfounded "I- yes."
"Well why didn't you say so??" You boop the lever "Oh my, it's not working.." you poke the lever again
"For the love of all that is good and holy, woman! Just-"
You flick the switch in the middle of his rant "I know, pull the lever,"
He blinks. "Then what was that all about?!?"
"Messing with you." You take your seat back across from him and grin "I also wanted to see how unnecessarily complicated I could make things. Ya know, for science."
"That is not how science works!"
"Yeah, yeah, whatever," you laugh at your ability to have so quickly bothered him

Maybe he didn't mean what he said before like that, maybe he did. Either way, with the day you two have had, fun and jokes are required.
Wilson sighs "I'm sorry for upsetting you. It wasn't my intent to offend," you can hear the sheepishness in his voice.
"Thank you.." you can feel Wilson's eyes drilling into as you set about tidying up your dishes and supplies and can hear his good leg thump against the table in anxious bounces. "I just need a bit to cool down. Don't worry about it," you try to smile reassuringly. All Wilson can do is nod. You stand again to set the dishes aside to be washed the following day. "It's getting late and you really need to rest. I'll tend the fire, okay?" You hand Wilson his crutches and help him up to balance.
"Don't worry about me, I can handle it! As a gentleman it's my priority to-" he stops himself as you stare at him with a raised brow. "You won't take no for an answer, will you."
"Not a chance, science man. Off to bed." You nudge him in the direction of his tent.
"Very well," Wilson begins hobbling away "please tell me if you need anything though, I'd hate for you to do everything yourself and-"
"Just go to bed!" You gesture with your arms to the tent in exasperation
"I'm going, I'm going. Good night,"
"Night,"

It's been a few hours since Wilson went to bed, and the fire has been well taken care of. You sit near it watching the flames dance, listening to the soft sounds of the night. You stoke the fire and pause when a weight comes to rest on your shoulder.
"Good evening, young Primrose," you know that voice. You turn and see the owl from only a few nights before staring back at you.
"Am I sleeping?" You ask, confused and concerned "if I am, I need you to wake me up. If this goes out, it's all over," you gesture to the fire.
"Don't be afraid. The Strangers will not trouble you." She coos in a soft voice. "I see you have found your Gronw Pebyr."
You say nothing, hoping she could get to the point and be less vague this time. Alas, she's waiting for you to say something...
"I know you said you're Primrose, but who are you really?"
"Child, you of all people know that names hold power." She seems to hesitate a moment. "Blodeuwedd, wife of Llew, and flower to my light, Gronw Pebyr."
"You had two husbands???"
"No, sweet child," you hear the laughter in her voice. "I may have been bound to Llew, but I certainly did not love him."
"Oh."
"Yes. Now, I am pleased you caught up to yours quickly. I feared he would be over taken. A flower can not live without her light, you know."
"What are you talking about?"
"I may be a bird, but I am not bird brained. I am here to prevent your fate from being the same as mine, my little Primrose. I lost my light, and I do not want the same for you."
You nod to show you're listening as she continues on. "I have watched you even before the time you came to this place. You are like me, you have dwelt in the dark for so long without soaring joy, without passion, I fear for you, Primrose. Just as I fear for him."
As weird as this is, it's also kind of flattering? Like, creepy she's been watching you, but sweet that she's concerned "Don't worry about me, I'm pretty tough, I'll have you know."
"While you are resilient even the hardiest of flowers will wither with time. Don't let that be your future."
"Lady, I don't know what you're thinking, but last I checked, I'm not having some kind of  crisis. I'm fine,"
Blodeuwedd shakes her head. "Be careful my Primrose, and be wise." And with that she flies away.
You wake up just in time to watch the fire die and sun rise.