"About darn time!"

The morning is crisp, the air is clean, the sun just barely rising, yes. Today is the day. You're going to finally finish those stupid walls. How long has this taken you exactly? Who even cares??
You lash the copious amounts of logs together with the grace given rope and start outlining the perimeters of your base in your little book. "Gotta be sure to fit the garden. Leave room for a tent.." Man, you're gonna have to ask Wilson how he made half the stuff he has the next time you see him. 'I mean, a pot can't be that hard to make, but a legitimate slow cooker??'
You start shoving the fort like fencing into the ground, trying to keep it as stable as possible. This would be easier if you had a shovel, but given last night's moon phase, you doubt you'd have time to figure out how to make one. You step back to admire your work. Not too shabby if you do say so yourself. You've left two gaps in your walls to serve as an entrance and exit. Darn dogs won't be getting you this time. Dirty little mongrels. You check the sky for the time and find that the suns just a third the way up. You've still got a lot of time today...
You think of what you could do. You have a garden, a campfire, a place to sleep. It's just a bedroll, so maybe the tent? You really don't feel up to it, but you should? Aurgh. You force yourself to check you chest for whatever you have. A needle made from rabbit bone, carrots, berries, and not enough silk to finish the squares you'd need to make to form the tent itself. Back to the spiders? Back to the spiders.

The woods are deep and the grass crunches underfoot. You may have taken a wrong turn, but the stupid den should be easy enough to find eventually... A dull ache works it's way across your back and you shift your weight to try and alleviate it. No good. You feel your spine click when you twist and stretch, still, it doesn't go away.. you hear a different kind of snap when you're mid bend. A twig? The air grows tense with fear and hesitation. There's no telling what's out there. You feel like you're being watched...

"You know that feeling you get when you're home alone? And it's kind of creepy?" Your friend asks you, keeping pace on the walk to school.
"Kind of?"
"Did you know that's your subconscious brain thinking it heard something dangerous? Like a floor board creaking or something."
"Really? So a lot of the time it's only in my head?"
"Exactly!"
You think it over a bit, that can't be the only reason you feel odd being left alone..
"So uh...can I ask you something?" You rub your arm a little nervous
"Shoot, kid."
"Can I stay with you tonight?"
"Tonight? But we have school tomorrow, and-"
"Oh yeah, sorry, I probably can't then. Don't worry about it." You try to brush it off.
"No, that's not what I said." They huff lightly at you "let me just ask when we get home."
"Okay.."

Okay. Something is very wrong, none of this is familiar, at all. There's no spider nest, no hives, not even one of those pig monsters. Just...trees, so many trees. The branches below foot snap and crack with each of your steps. Anything could find you at any moment. You really should have brought something more, anything to-

CRACK!

Your head snaps in the direction of the sound, feeling the eerie unseen scrutiny. "It's just in my head...there's nothing there...it's just my head..." you keep walking. And walking. And walking. Each step you took seemed to echo, something- no, someone was following you. You'd step, then pause, hearing the scuttling scurry of tiny legs. So small...so quick.
The sun seemed to taunt you as it played peekaboo through the thick branches. "That can't be it, I just saw this tree. And that one there, and- aauurgh!" Your knees sink to the ground. It'll be dark in a few hours, and the dogs come tonight... your spine tingles and your legs go numb, a lead ball starts to form, taking up all your insides. Your lungs, your stomach, all of it. What if you don't make it out of here? Your arms snake themselves around yourself. Breathe. Breathe. Don't panic. It'll be okay...it'll be-
Snap!
You turn sharply again. A soft, pink flower sits a few feet away. That wasn't- how did- "where did you come from?" You mumble moving to it. It's petals are big, soft, and beautiful. You study it before looking up again. There sat another, slightly bigger and a different shade. You go to it, pick it up, and by the time you're back up, more have appeared. They seem to form... "a trail?" You wonder aloud, letting it pull you along. The flowers bring you a feeling of peace and safety, familiarity...
There! Across the horizon! Houses, things you knew! You weren't as far from home as you thought. Stepping across the forest threshold you feel the sensation again, you turn around and see a pair of small eyes and a green glow. A fairy? Or a green man? A brownie?! You almost confront it, when it suddenly vanishes, forcing you to remember the time, where you are, and what's happening tonight.

You hurry off towards home.