Good Morning!

Your eyes flick open only to be temporarily blinded by the sun.
"Good morning," you hear before you can see.
"Mornin'... how's your foot?" You groan in sleepiness, taking a moment to rub at your eyes.
"It's fine, I might help you look for some willow trees later today though." Are you kidding me? Of course willows!
"I forgot those had aspirin in 'em..." you smack your forehead. First thing in the morning and you're already reeling from your brain lapse.
You hear Wilson let out a small laugh. "They come in handy," you make small talk, the usual 'how did you sleep?'s and what not. You watch Wilson glance up to the sky. "It's still early morning, I'll make you something and we can plan what we're going to do."
Like hell he will! Not on his bad foot! "you don't have to! I can do it-"
"Absolutely not." He says. You flinch after a temporary thought of some distant memory. He huffs himself up and onto his crutch "let me be a gentleman." Of course he would. Any thing to do with that word is immediately a losing battle.
You sigh "Fine..."
You glare at the smirk of victory he gives you. As his back slowly turns to you, you roll your eyes. That cheeky grin, cheeky face, cheeky man. So full of cheek a grandma could pinch him. You hear him start digging through boxes and chests. Out of curiosity you look over your shoulder at him.
"Pff, ha!" Good grief, he's half hanging out of the chest. The physics of this world! "Wilson, do you need help?!"
His hand waves you off "I'm fine, my dear." Wilson takes a moment, but manages to push himself out of the large container "got it!" He grins, holding half a round of bread. He hops on one foot to a separate container and grabs a fist full of berries. His pogo stick impression would be more funny if it wasn't because of his injury. He looks over to the pot near the fire pit, left there from last nights 'tea.' You grin and slowly stand, pretending that you're avoiding getting his attention. Wilson takes the bait and glances at you. You hold eye contact, glance at the pot, look back at him, and dash like a mad woman.
"No!" Wilson tries to beat you, but you've already clasped the handle in your hand. "Come on, I need that."
Your grin only grows, wrinkling your eyes in mischievous glee. "But what if I need it?"
"But you don't!"
"But what if?"
Wilson's brows furrow in confusion. "I mean, of course I'd let you use it first, but that's not the point! What do you even plan to use it for??"
"Helping you make breakfast, duh." He can't gentleman his way out of this one. By nabbing a bargaining chip you've gained the high ground, and you know it.
Wilson sighs, "Fiiiine, I just need some water. About a quarter of the pot should do the trick."
The taste of victory is sweet, you puff with pride as you head for the stream for your water.

Confound it! If his foot weren't messed up, Wilson could have beat her to the pot. But nOoOo. She had to be all sneaky and sly, snatching it out from under his nose.
Is this really a big deal? Probably not. But dog gone it, if it didn't hurt his pride! He fumes a bit, watching her grow smaller with distance as she nears the small river. At least it was nice to see her happy, or at least silly. At the end of the day, it really is all fun and games.
While waiting for you, he works to break the loaf evenly and set it on two small dishes. He limps to where he had set old dishes to dry and grabs a pair of cups. It's not much, but it's the least he can do while she's gone.
It feels like hours have passed since she left, but judging by the sun, that can't be so. Surely this is what boredom does to a man. Finally, he sees her coming back, growing bigger as the distance between her and camp grows shorter.
"Here's that water for ya, my good sir," she has a half smile when addressing him that soon slips into a more neutral expression
"Thank you," Wilson drops his hand full of berries into the water, each making a small 'plop!'
He sets the pot on the old fire remnants "it'll take a bit, but once it's done boiling we should have a pretty decent juice!"
"Aw yeah, mystery berry juice!" You pump your hands in the air with silly excitement
Wilson grins and mimics you "Mystery berry juice!" He gives the pot a swirl "I'm pretty sure they're a kind of red currant, just more opaque."
You nod to show you're listening. "I did that with blueberries back home once, it wasn't half bad." The pot begins to simmer slightly, with the water being tainted red. It didn't smell half bad when Wilson poured it into two cups. You watch him, confused, when he goes to hand you your cup, hesitates, and switches to giving you the other. You swirl the fruity broth-juice thing before taking a sip.
You grimace a bit, being first hit by a twinge of sour, before it slides to a strange balance of sweet. It's not like sugary store bought juice, but it's not down right bitter either. You take a bigger swig. It just takes some getting used to.
You set your cup down and help Wilson into his seat at the little cobbled table.
"Thank you for putting everything together,"
"Of course! It's what a gentleman would do,"
"Yeah, yeah," you take your seat and nibble at your bread "Where did you get the flour to make this?"
"Oh, it's from birch nuts," Wilson answers before taking a bite of his own. That would explain the slightly different taste from normal bread. How did he even get the yeast?? "It's my last loaf though," he adds after finishing his bite.
"We could probably find some more nuts after we find the willow trees,"
"That sounds like a good idea. We'll have to process them a bit, but it's doable."
"Well, however birch flower is made, it can't be the hardest thing here,"
"No, that would be Winter."