"Gee the Weather is Nice"

It's been a grueling few weeks. You think that what ever disease had worked it's way into your gashes has finally gone. Wilson was on to something, honey really does help. It would have been nice to not have ended up covered in stings though. Despite being weeks old they still can be very tender. You rub the back of your hand absently thinking about them. Little buggers.
You've finally managed to work up enough wood for a nice set of walls. Stone was just too hard to find..
You carve away at the logs, forming them into sharp, protective spikes and lash each together with a good amount of rope when you see something on the horizon. A little hazy silhouette. You squint at it trying to figure out if it's a spider, pig, or what.
"So help me if this is another shadow thing..." you vaguely see the thing sort of perk up in attention and wave at you before picking up the pace. "Could that be.." it starts waving.
"Wreeen, heeey, Wreeeen!" It is.
You slump forward, burying your face in your hands only looking back up when the foot steps have stopped.
You both enter an awkward staring contest, hoping one of you will break the silence. "Hey, Wilson. How goes it?" You ask, reaching for another log to sharpen.
"I'm alright I guess, just looking for a Koalaphant." He half shrugs, moving his backpack out of place. He readjusts it.
"What the heck is that?"
"You know an elephant?"
"Yeah?" You look at him confused.
"Well, it's basically an elephant that's super soft and warm."
"So you're trying to get it's.. pelt or something?"
"Trunk actually. To make a vest."
You start getting a poacher like vibe from this idea "you don't just cut it off and leave the rest of the thing, do you?"
"Oh heavens no," he shakes his head with a wave of his hand "that would be extremely wasteful. In a world like this, you need what ever you can get."
You half smile "Yeah, I can understand that." You return to the silence of log shaping, the piles shrunk by quite a bit since you started. You might be able to-
"How are, uh, how're you feeling?" He fidgets his hands.
"What?" You give him yet another quizzical look.
"I mean, have you been healing alright? After your um-"
"Oh, that! That. Yeah, it's fine and dandy. Had me worried a while back, but it's healed alright."
Instead of moving on with the subject or leaving, Wilson just stands there, still awkward. You can almost feel the amount of nervous doubt coming off him.
"Do you...want to see it?" You offer slowly.
He starts bumbling over his words "if you don't mind. As a gentleman it is my genuine concern that you don't have any underlying infections." His bumbling becomes babbling "and I remember how much you don't like being touched, and how sometimes that-"
"Dude, it's fine. I don't care." Liar. You motion him to come closer, and turn around in your seat. You lift the bottom of your shirt to show the lower half of your back.
Wilson almost chokes on his own spit seeing how gnarled and angry your scars look. Your skin has knotted and puckered in some areas, while laying flatter and almost smooth in others. The result of almost constantly pulling off scabs and stitches unremoved.
"You alright doc? You've been awfully quiet." You don't like this situation one bit. What could he be thinking? Does he have a thing for scars? What could possibly-
Oh gosh no. You almost leap up from your seat in a start. His hands are cold, and him poking around your skin is unwelcome, and uncomfortable. You didn't even hear his reply
He presses timidly around the lines, feeling for any pockets of untreated infection. They're normally discolored and soft. He knows he should check the rest, but you'd never let him do that. That much he knows.
"It looks alright Miss Wren. It's healed most of the way" the speed at which you shove your shirt back down startles him "I know that was improper of me"
'Ya think?!'
"But I hope you understand that I don't mean anything by it."
"Right.." you turn back around. "Thanks..I guess. I'm not fond of dieing from something so small."
"Ah! Right, haha." Your little half joke manages to ease the tension you've set up between you two. He starts walking backwards, looking like he's about to leave, when he stops. "I have a quick query for you before I go."
"Okay?"
"What's a 'dude?'" He gives you the most puzzled look you've ever seen on his face.
"A dude is basically an informal word for fellow. You've never heard of it?"
"No, not really. I was a bit of a hermit before coming here."
"Oh, gotcha." You nod before getting back to work.
Another beat passed before he suddenly remembers "Oh! One last thing, when can I come by to remove your stitches?"
"Remove my... stitches?" You say with a tint of fear- not fear. Worry. A tint of worry in your voice.
"Yes, if they go unremoved they can start to break down under your skin and get you sick."
"I guess so, um...tomorrow I guess? Or when ever you're done koalephant hunting?"
"Great." He pulls out a little book from his bag, much like yours, and takes a note in it "I'll see you then Miss."
"Yeah..see you then." You sheepishly wave him off as he leaves. Awkward encounter crisis averted! There's no possible way that could have gone any better! Doctors aren't really your  thing, and neither is small talk, both of which you now have to mentally prepare for.
You toss the wood back down into the pile "this is fine. Just what I needed."