Plant a few seeds

Finally, for the first time in weeks you can move without back pain. Everything's healed up, just like Wilson said. Add to that your self imposed debt being somewhat lifted, for the first time in years you let yourself relax. It was weird, and honestly painful at first. You would do different stretches, old yoga poses from high school, even just laying in the grass, letting your oddly old body ease into a real life.
It aches at first, so much energy and distress put into every limb, but you find yourself breathing a little easier these days. It allows you to try something you've always wanted to. Gardening.
You've always wanted to have a garden of your own. You grew up hearing songs and stories of their importance. But when ever you tried at home your sprouts were always trampled, pulled, or burned. But here they are! Alive, and young, and beautiful. You had no idea what they were going to be, but you knew it would be good. If you're truly lucky, you might find yourself with some Bering. Maybe that'll help chase away those shadow, spirit things.
You pulled a few weeds and loosened the water compacted soil, careful not to disturb the little sprigs of life. You look up to the sky, the sun shouldn't scorch these, it should be alright.. you stand up and dust your hands off on your pants. You still need to make that rope for your walls...
You pick up your shoulder bag and decide to take a small walk around the woods. It helps clear your mind, and lately it's been a little foggy. It's a beautiful day. Some butterflies, bees. Beehive...
You find a patch of flowers in a field and decide why not. "Mistress Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow.." you start mumble singing, before starting to hum into song "dig it up and out you go..." Before you know it one of your bag pockets is full. That's got to be a lot of flowers. You feel a lot better, being far from home has eased some of your worries, soothed some of your fears. And that? Icing on the cake. You pull out a daisy and start plucking at its petals absently winding your way home.
When you finally look up you find that you're not home. This place is completely unfamiliar, strewn with all sorts of machine pieces, oddities, heck, is that a crock pot? Slowly you step into the camp trying to figure out whose it is.
"Duh." You smack your fore head. The literal only person you know in this area. You hear a loud crash followed by a series of frustrated exclamations that are just too ungentlemanly to repeat. You follow the sound in a rush, just to make sure that Wilson's alright.
He's trapped under a pile of logs. Well, trapped is a hard word, he's in no immediate danger, stuck is more like it. "Are you alright?"
"What? Oh, Miss Wren, can you lend me a hand??" He motions you over and tries shoving some of the logs off.
"Yeah, sure, let me just" You give the logs a good hard shove before picking up and tossing aside all the extra. "What were you even trying to do??"
"Well, I was tying them all down to use in winter." he stands up dusting himself off. "But I guess I didn't have them balanced that well."
"Tie down? You know how to make rope?"
"Yeah?"
This is fantastic! "Here, if I help you re-stack and tie the logs, can you show me how to make rope"
"Sounds alright." He starts gathering all the logs back up and you follow suit.
"Did you really get all of these yourself?"
"Yeah, not all at once though. They're actually all left over from something or other"
"Ah." You make multiple small pyramids and tie them together.
"Wouldn't it be better to just put them in one pile?" He asks, watching you work.
"Well, if you tie them together in smaller sets, it's harder for them to roll away." You knot up another. "We'd need one just three logs straight, but it would work."
"How do you know all that?"
"I can kind of..picture it I guess? It's basic shapes.."
"Fantastic," He starts mimicking you, tieing logs together. In no time you two manage to stack them almost as tall as he is.
"There...that should do it." You put the last set on top of the whole stack. Wilson smiles, content at the work accomplished, and glad to have finished early.
"All right, deals a deal." He motions you to follow him. The two of you walk back to the center of camp and take a seat next to the extinguished fire pit. Wilson digs through his bag and pulls out a bunch of grass tufts. "It's rather simple, really." He hands you a bunch and start dividing them "if you split the blades into four even strands and align them, you can put the top left strand in between the two on the right." He shows you how to twist the strand down and under, tucking it in between the right two. "You do the same thing with the top right strand. Through the middle of the left." He twists it as so.
"Okay..." you line up the slightly uneven strands and start twisting "like this?" You show him your work.
"Not quite...You did the bottom strand in the middle, if you switch to the top, it holds much better."
You look down at your slightly frayed mess. "Right, sorry.." you undo it and try again, a little slower and carful.
"Sorry for what?" He asks, twisting his strands too fast for you to follow.
"For messing up?" You separate the words with healthy pauses, trying to split your focus.
"There's no need for that, mucking up is normal." He smiles at you.
You end up not noticing, eyes locked intensely on the little braid forming in your hand. "Sorry" you shoot your eyes up to look at him, "Sorry- I mean!" You slap your hand over mouth.
He stares at you a moment before slowly crescendoing into a light laugh. "feedback loops are the worst," he manages to get out.
You nod your head deftly, slowly removing your hand from your mouth. You set back to your rope.
"Yeah, they are.." the pair of you continue braiding. "Thanks for helping me with this."
"Any time."