Prologue:

Late 2005:

Third Person POV:

As a red head watches from a car across the street, her hair in double braids.

A black car pulls up along side a five story building across the street from the women. A man pulls open the back door, a small child happily jumps out of the car and walks up the stairs of a five story building, her red backpack bouncing along with her, contrasting to her black blazer and grey skirt. She disappears into the building, later being seen in one of the windows.

Taking something out of her backpack, a large grin proclaimed itself on her face. Across the road a Walkie Talkie is brought to the red heads mouth.

Boom.

The building goes up in flames. The windows shatter in the explosion. People cover their heads with their arms from the falling glass. The third story, which the girl was seen in only moments before, taking the majority of the blast.

The child that was seen only moments ago caught in the flames. Piercing screams of terror come from everywhere. Everyone stops what they are doing and looks up and the top of the five story building, burning bright in the midday sun.

A man runs out from behind the building and joins the red head in the car, his quiver of arrows bouncing along with every stride. The authorities sirens are the only thing able to pierce through the shrieking voices. As the authorities get out of the car they see another drive off, two figures in it speeding away.

Sirens fill the air in pursuit of the mysterious car.

A fire fighter walks out of the building up on flames. He is holding small soot covered figure in his hands, its face pressed against the fire fighters chest. It was the girl - the one that was observed mere moments ago in the window, happy, healthy. All of that was no longer seen, rather a small being clinging to life like one would a lifeboat. Her clothes are burnt into her skin, her hair charred and still smouldering. She is rushed to an ambulance, her fragile body carefully placed on the stretcher.

A small plump man who followed them out of the building, with his hand placed on the firefighters shoulder as of to lead him out the building, sees the small girls face, released from the coverage of the fire fighters chest. Rage filled his eyes. He is ushered into another ambulance.

The man and young girl are taken to hospital. The man was discharged from the hospital only the day after, with minimal burns - the ones he did have were minor. Only a few hours after, the young girl went missing from the hospital. As it turns out, she was his daughter.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/n:

Hi, hope you are excited to read this.

I would just like to point out that in the MCU, Budapest is corresponding to the events of Iron Man. Making it in 2008. I changed it for this book so that Nat's kid is of significant age.

Any question, comments or feedback is highly appreciated.

Have a good rest of your day/night/whenever you are reading this.