Chapter 6- Inna's First Mission

Inna POV:

As Madame B's footsteps get closer, I panic, even though Olga wants to die, I can't let her. I know that it is a sign of weakness, but I can't just stand by and do nothing.

I struggle to pick up Olga, so instead I shove her under my bed. She stays still, her knees digging into her chest now, still mumbling to herself the same words over and over.

Madame B flings open the door. She looks over us all. She makes direct eye contact with me, "Collect your things and meet me outside the door."

I shove my things into my sack, leaving behind a blanket that I quickly place over Olga. In minutes I was out of the room my bag hitting my legs as I walked. I ignore my still dripping hair. She quickly walks down the hallway. Ever since Olga got a 'code red' she has been practically running down every hallway.

Soon we arrive in her office. She sits down and gestures to the seat across the table from her.

"Inna, you will be going on your first mission out of the complex today. You will be tasked with befriending a ten-year-old girl, her name is Sophia Smith. You will go to her school and becomes her friend. I will be tasking you with two other agents. The first is Alyona, who will be posing as your mother. The second Andrei who will be posing as your father. For this mission you will be keeping your first name however you will be changing your last name to Williams. Also, you need to die your hair. You will be leaving as soon as possible, any questions?"

"Why do I have to dye my hair?"

"Red heads, as you would know, are not very common. Dying your hair will make  you less suspicious and might help you take on your roll."

I slowly nod my head. We both stand and Madame B leads though apart of the complex I had never seen before.

I hear faint screams and pleads to let them live or die. I look at each door, trying so hard not to run over and save the person behind the door. 

I go into a dark damp room, a women stands behind a leather chair. Sitting in it she puts a fouls smelling liquid into my hair an inch from my scalp.

Eventually, after a wash I am lead to a black SUV by Madame B. It sits in a long drive way.  As I come closer to the car I hear the faint noise of the garage door open. Climbing into the vehicle I see to people sitting in the front.

They must be Alyona and Andrei.

Who I assume to be Alyona turns around to look at me, I give her an excited smile while she only gives a sympathetic one back.

As we drive down the driveway the garage door hides away in the ceiling, then the world is consumed in green. I am amazed at the scenery that is passing by.

Is this what outside looks like?

After a while I rest my head on the window pane, my eyes darting back and forth looking at the pure life around me. The world falls dark, and not long after I am asleep.

I wake up to Alyona gently shaking me. I dozily climb out the car, shaking my head to waken myself up. I pick up my sack of clothes starting to drag it across the floor before flinging it over my shoulder. She leads me to a small white plane. I strap myself in and we shakily take off.

Is it normal for the plane to be shaking?

I watch out the small window as the world below me starts to get smaller and smaller below me. My view eventually turns to fields of white. I can just make out a faint reflection of myself. As least I think its me.

The girls staring back has red hair until about an inch down when it turns to a jet black. I look down at my hands picking up my uncut hair. It looks almost unrecognizable.

These thoughts take over my mind for the rest of the flight;

Is that my hair?

Will my hair forever look like that?

Eventually I am brought back to reality, the plane shaking violently as it lands. Hopping out of the car I see a white Toyota RAV4 sitting just outside the small shed Andrei had driven the plane into.

Alyona leads me to the back of the car, shutting the door behind me.

(Time Skip: The Williams have just arrived at their house.)

I jump out of the car and run up the stairs to the door of the house. Alyona and Andrei slowly walk hand in hand from the car. I lean over the railing of the veranda, "Mum, Dad hurry up." I plead.

I think about what I had just said, the words suddenly feel like poison in my mouth, I just called two stranger my parents. Joining me on the veranda Andrei unlocks the house and Alyona sensing my distress places a hand on my back. "It's ok, you did a good job. Keep playing your role."

We walk into the house, "Inna, your room is at the end of the hall, left door," Andrei tells me. I fasten my pace to see the first place I would ever sleep alone in.

I crash onto my bed, staring at the ceiling, to my amazement, I fail to find any cracks in it.

I dumped the content of my bag into a wardrobe and run backdown the hallway to the living room. I find Alyona and Andrei stashing knifes, guns and ammo around the room.

Alyona and Andrei share a concerned look. Alyona walks over to me, "You start school on Monday, which is in two days. So, we should probably go shopping for some clothes."

"What's wrong with my clothes?" I say looking down at the white dress and black apron.

"Here, you need to wear some colour in your everyday clothes. You can leave your uniforms in one draw in the wardrobe but all the other will contain colour, ok Inna?"

I nod my head vigorously, excited to try on colours.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N:

Hello,

So... how are you?

I hope that you are liking this. And that you stick around.

Any comments, questions or feedback is appreciated.

Have a wonderful rest of your day/night/whenever you are reading this.