Chapter 12 - Double Sparing Day and Something Else...

(Two years later: 2016)

Inna POV:

I wake from my sleep, my eyes slowly peeling open. Deep bruises from yesterday's training over power my ability to push down the pain. Madame B's footstep echo like every other day. We all sit up facing the door, my feet now touching the floor.

We turn our head to look at Madame B. She looks the same way she did about three years ago when there was a 'code red'. Olga had been killed when Madame B found her under my bed. So, I never got to know what went down.

The class had gone all the way down to sixteen. So, the next thing that happened took me by surprise.

"Double Sparring, get changed." Madame B's cold, harsh voice echoes in the room. She exits, the clicking of her heels stopping just outside the large oak doors.

We get changed into our sparring gear. Upon putting on my thin white shirt, I see a large spot of blood under my left arm, the blood all the way down the side. No memories come to mind when I see the blood.

I shake the confusion out of my head, and make my way to the line forming outside the dormitories. Thinking about last sparing day, when Alina had to kill her secret best friend, Danara. Madame B told us it was a lesson. "Friends will only make you bleed," she had said, before shooting Alina and letting her bleed out next to her also dying best friend Danara.

The looks on their faces similar to the girls back in Michigan. Shaking my head once more to rid the memories. I take my place in the line around the mat.

Double sparing days are worse then sparing days. While during sparing day it is all about how well we are trained in killing someone. Double sparing day is all about stamina.

Two spars would happen with three people participating. Only one will live.

I stand in line, staring down all of my potential opponents. I can see small tinges of joy all through out Madame B, I can see her take pleasure in her slow footsteps echoing through out the room. She turns coming down my line. I don't realize that I hold my breath. She stops to the person on my left.

Braelynn.

I remain emotionless, Madame B continues to walk around the room. Braelynn standing in the middle of the light grey mat, tinged with red. She looks around at us all. Surveying us. I knew that you would always survey people when about to get into a fight.

Distracted by Braelynn, Madame B comes out of nowhere, "Inna," she simply states. I take my place a meter away from Braelynn on the mat.

We stand in ready position, Braelynn's knuckles turning white, we start to circle each other, Braelynn ducks under me as I throw the first punch, I know it was a dummy move yet I need to start the fight to avoid the punishment for chickening out.

She ducks under my arms on the way through she pushes her forearm under my nose. My now exposed neck goes straight in between her arms, in a rear naked choke. She grips tighter and tighter, I can feel my blood vessels start to pop out of my head, the oxygen scenario was not any better.

I snake my hands through the small gaps in either side of the gaps on the side of my neck, gripping her wrists I pulled down, hard. The sudden presser made her have to readjust her grip, I shifted my chin under her arm and slipped out of the choke hold.

We both administer several punches and kicks to each other's torsos. I make space between both of us, using the little space to run at her, grabbing onto her shoulder as I twist my body across hers, as I come around I land on my feet but my momentum had thrusted Braelynn onto the floor, neck first.

The cracking sound fills the room, vibrating off the walls. I stand over her dead body. I slowly back away as two soldiers walk from beside the doorway and pick her up, not bothering to support her head, it rolls backwards, her eyes slit open and I see the whites of her eyes.

I close my eyes for a brief second, not wanting to have to look at Braelynn's face any longer.

I walk back into the middle of the mat. Madame B walks along the rows of girls, her heels sharply turning to face the smallest girl in the class, Weylyn.

The timid girl walks out of the line and straight towards me. She looks up at me her head level with my neck, I see something in her eyes I haven't seem or felt in a long time,  hope.

I get into ready position and she does them same. I feel weak from the last fight, I can feel my side ache with every movement.

Definitely a broken bone.

I step towards Weylyn, punching her square in the chest, she stumbles backward and falls to the ground.

Or so I think...

Weylyn crumbles to the ground and sweeps my ankles, I land hard on my shoulder. I hear my bones rattle against each other. She pushes me onto my back from my place on the floor. And repeatedly punches me in the face, her small hands find the right nooks and crevices in my head, her blows are not lethal but they inflict the most pain. She lands one on my throat, I gag and kick her off me, she lands on her side.

I quickly shuffle over to her, not giving her a second to comprehend what I was going to do next. Wrapping my arms around her head in an unruly sort of fashion, her fingered clawing at my skin. I look around the room until I find Madame B. Towering over us, and simply nods her head, giving me the signal to kill.

A snapping sound echoes once more, her neck becomes limp in my arms. I release her. Sitting up and backing away from Weylyn.

Madame B comes over with the guards, simply stepping over the dead body. "Well done Inna," she simply states before announcing to the whole group. "Training, three minutes."

In the training room I head straight for the punching bag. I wrap my hands, stretching my fingers before administering my precise punches and kicks. With every kick or punch to the punching bag a memory consumes me for a split second. The most common memory from when I was nine. When I had to shoot the only friends I ever had. Then the event that had previously happened only five minutes ago play on repeat. The whites of Braelynn's eyes consuming my soul. The snapping sound growing louder and louder.

Meanwhile...

Third Person POV:

In the dark night, crickets chirp in the darkness, children play in the streets. 

A small boy runs up to his dad, the tall man embracing him in a hug, he picks up the little boy and they turn in for the night, joining the mother and another child. 

Beknown to them two highly trained killers watch their every move. 

The blonde one, Yelena talks with a red head, Natasha, standing from her chair and reaching over a table that separates them to grab a vest. 

"Did you ever want kids?" 

Natasha sits quietly but only for a moment. Not facing her companion but rather the few kids still kicking around a soccer ball. 

The red-head, sits deep in thought, Did she want kids? 

She weights the pros and cons of having them, if she could.  However one con rolls around in her head again and again. 

If it is a girl, she might be taken by Dreykov.

She can't begin to even try and comprehend what that would mean. When the blonde interrupts her thoughts, straining as she slid her arms thought the arm holes in her vest. 

"I want a dog."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N:

Yay! We are finally getting to Black Widow. A great excuse to watch that movie over and over. 

Hope that you are enjoying this and that you are excited for what comes next. 

Any feedback, questions or comments are highly appreciated!

Have a spectacular rest of your day/night/whenever you are reading this