Chapter 17 - The Fall of the Red Room

Inna POV:

Natasha fights off the first three Widows. But we just keep coming at her. With the line, we had formed around the room. One of us would peel from it and attack her, the majority of the time when her back was turned to us.

I walk towards her while she has her hands caught by one of the Widows. She tries to block my attack. By stepping towards me and trying to knock me out of the way.

The force releases her hands, she knees the Widow that had recently held her hands together in the face.

We start to gang up on her, making her spin in order not to be trapped by one of us. She kicks, punches and spins all the while we jump, stab and lung at her.

Her red baton swinging in the air around her, giving a signal of whenever it was close. The room fills with screams and shouts as the fight continues. I think of a way to get her unbalanced and cornered. I spy the desk behind her. I run and force my legs up, levelling them with her chest as I spring off her. The force is enough to knock her back just as I planned, She crashes into the desk, one of the other Widows taking the opportunity to pin her there as we all come closer.

The Widow in front of me falls to the ground in pain, as Natasha fires Widow Bites at us all. A desperate attempt to at least postpone the attack.

The Widow pinning her down pulls out a small dagger from one of her pockets, Natasha sees this and catches the widows arm before it can come in contact with her.

She moves from her spot on the desk, shifting the widow under her grasp. Then she spins them both across the table. Pulling the Widow's arm close to her as a second Widow lunges at them both, so instead of hitting her, they hit one of their companions.

She then knocks them back by elbowing them in the face. Only for me to use my own batons to hit her in the face. She stumbles backwards as she lets out a cry. A Widow that was on the other side of the table grabbed her by the waist and flung her across the room.

The rises from where she had landed on the floor, shooting her Widow Bites at us.

I fall to the floor in pain as the red electricity courses through my body, I let out a cry as I drop to the floor, stumbling to get back up.

A Widow puts both of their batons together to create a staff and lungs at Natasha. Striking her a few times before using the staff to pin Natasha to the pole I was hiding behind only minutes before.

The staff hooks under Natasha's chin. Her hands-on the batons but the Widow has control. I can see the strained look on her face as I take one of the ends of the staff and pull it backwards, closer to the pole and further into Natasha's throat.

She somehow manages to pull the staff apart turning it back into the two batons.

She then uses her batons to swipe at us, the main Widow that had pinned her there in the first place displayed on the floor once Natasha had landed a few blows to their chest and face.

She falls down the pole in exhaustion before I run up to her and grabs her by the neck. She thrusts her baton at me, it hooking at my neck, we walk backwards and through the red light. Before she knocks me over and I face plant the floor. This however does not hurt me as much as it would everyone else as my helmet softens the blow.

This does nothing for my legs though as they come over and hit me in my own back. I let out a cry of pain as another Widow takes care of Natasha. They thrust her across the room once more, she lands heavily on the edge of the desk, her torso copping the main blow. she crumbles to the floor. I run over to her as we all circle her. She crawls along the floor before I harshly kick her in the face.