Chapter15 - 'This will be the day that I die'

Third Person POV: 

"Get out!" Yelena screams at Alexi. 

Alexi sighs as he rises from his seat, at the foot of the bed. Yelena doesn't even look at him as he stops in the middle of the room. 

His helmet waves in the air next to his thigh. The supersoldier runs his thumbnail up and down his forehead and starts to sing. "I can't remember," the supersoldier pauses, his back still to Yelena. "If I cried," His hand slaps against his thigh as he walks towards a beige sofa by the window. Yelena looks up at him as he continues, his singing becoming louder and louder, "When I read about his widowed bride, "Something touched me deep inside," he grunts as he lands on the sofa, it sinking with him, "The day... The music," Yelena gives him a soft smile, her face was slightly screwed with her multitude of emotions. "Died," He finishes the line, looking up Yelena. The two of them make eye contact. "And they were singing," he continues, Yelena drops her head and chuckles to herself. 

She lifts her head and sings along with Alexi, "Bye," The supersoldier starts, "Bye," she continues. "Miss American Pie." Yelena looks over to the wall chuckling to herself again, "Dove my chevy to the levee, but the levee," 

"Was dry" She looks down at her hands resting on top of her knees a tear streaking down her cheek. 

"Them good old boy, drinking whiskey... singing..." Alexi sings. He and Yelena then sing in unison, "This will be the day that I die," both of them lost in the memories of Ohio. "This will be the day..." then Without warning a blast rings across the room as bright white lights suddenly shine through the windows.

They both look out the windows, Alexi getting up from his place in the chair as a swarm of guards from the Red Room circle the house. The helicopter blades cut through the air like knives. The engines loud whirring was the only sound that could be heard. 

The helicopters circle the house, they lower to the ground, the grass crunching under the boots of the guards as they come out of a hatch in the side of the aircraft. With their guns drawn they shoot through the window. 

A tranquillizer dart hits Alexi in the upper chest. Yelena cowering behind her own hands as she tries to cradle into the bed. "They think..." the assassin starts to say before he is hit in the chest fourteen more times, his eyes start to close as he falls to the floor. A loud thud ricochets around the room. The assassin is now in a deep sleep. 

Yelena rises from her position and grasps the man's hand, her eyes scanning him, wondering what to do. She shakes her head to try and rid her thought process before standing up and grabbing her gun. 

The guards from the Red Room creep towards the house, their guns lights shining against the wooden structure. 

Yelena gently opens the door trying not to make a sound. She takes a deep inhale before going, gun first, out the door. Her gun immediately raises to the roof remembering what happened in Budapest. Her footsteps are soft and crack against the wooden floor. She continues through the house, passing the table that the four were sitting at only a few minutes before.

Before she enters the potentially dangerous hallway she presses her back against the door frame. Taking another deep breath. Gun level in front of her she enters the hallway. Her footsteps started slow but fastening quickly. She takes no chances aiming her gun at every doorway she passes. 

Turning a new corner horror takes over, she sees her sisters legs lifeless on the floor. She lowers her gun as she walks towards her sister, bracing for the worst. 

Thankfully as she nears her there is no trace of blood or wound anywhere, Natasha was just sleeping? 

She kneels to check, before hearing the slightest sound of a floorboard creaking. She raises and aims her gun once more to... Melina. Seeing the friendly face she lowers her arms once again.