Chapter 7 - School

Inna POV:

I jump out of the car in my new clothes, my dark blue shirt and black jeans clinging to my body. With a new back pack on my back Alyona comes from the side of the car and we walk toward the school. The large brick building towering above me. In large letters just above the double doors is "Pinewood Public Elementary: Reaching above the treetops"

Walking into the building to find a desk Alyona states to an old lady behind it, "Inna Williams."

The lady fumbles with something behind the desk, handing it to Alyona.

"Inna," the lady starts, "I am Mrs. Madden, here is you schedule, your first class starts in ten minutes," I look down at my schedule.

Monday: English (Ms. Charbonneau), Science (Ms. Hilsgen), Art (Ms. Lamborn), Lunch, Italian (Prof. Mastroianni), HASS (Mr. Stastny)

Tuesday: Math (Mr. Gilbo), Sport (Mr. Rubsan), Science (Ms. Hilsgen), Lunch, English (Ms. Charbonneau), Music (Mr. Motamedi)

Wednesday: Science(Ms. Hilsgen), Art(Ms. Lamborn), Math(Mr. Gilbo), Lunch, HASS(Mr. Stastny), Health (Mrs. Tullis)

Thursday: Italian (Prof. Mastroianni), HASS (Mr. Stastny), English (Ms. Charbonneau), Lunch, Music (Mr. Motamedi), Math (Mr. Gilbo)

Friday: HASS (Mr. Stastny), English (Ms. Charbonneau), Sport (Mr. Rubsan), Lunch, Math (Mr. Gilbo), Science (Ms. Hilsgen)

"This girl, Sophia Smith-" My head snaps up to the girl walking into the room. Her polka dot skirt going below her knees, her white shirt coming down to her elbows. She waves to me. Her pigtailed hair gently swaying with her movements.

I leave Alyona with the lady as Sophia starts to show me around the school. We loose track of time and run to first period, the bell ringing through every corridor.

We sit near the back of the classroom, I have a good view of every entry and exit point. Sophia grabs a chair next to me as the teacher starts speaking. "Good Morning everyone, my name is Ms. Charbonneau," she writes her name on the chalkboard. "I am your English teacher until the end of the year." Ms. Charbonneau sports chestnut hair cut to a bob, her light blue dress going past her knees. I don't focus most of the lesson as the complex I was in had taught me it long ago. She hands out a worksheet, were we have to unjumble the words. I finish mine quickly and just sit and wait for the rest of the class to do the same.

Soon the bell rings, the class frantically packing up, nearly running out of the classroom. I follow Sophia to our next class. Science.

The day continues, I don't focus much. I am in every class with Sophia. I spend most of my time judging my classmates to see who is who of the school. The only important part of my day was Lunch.

Sophia and I run out of Art, our backpacks bouncing along with us. She introduced me to her four other friends; Abigail Brown, Cameron Davis, Elisa Thompson and Harper Jackson.

Abigail sat quietly eating her lunch, her head stuck in a book. She wears a pink top with blue leggings. She eats a cheese sandwich, apple and has a juice box.

Cameron silently eats her lunch, she tries to speak however is always over powered by her friends around her. She wears a large red knitted top, with light blue jeans. She eats pesto pasta, cucumber and a couple of tomato's.

Elisa looks at who ever is speaking. She barley touches her lunch as she is so engrossed in the conversation. She wears black skirt with white flowers littering it as a design, her grey shirt has a giant white flower on the front. She eats a sour cream bagel, a cookie and a banana.

Harper talked for most of Lunch, she talked mostly about her Spring Break. She wears denim overalls and a black and white striped top. She eats chicken nuggets, peas and has a jelly cup.

We all sit in a circle going, Me, Sophia, Cameron, Elisa, Harper and Abigail. Every now and then I glance over to my left to see what Abigail is reading. I could never make out the story line or the type of book she was reading so I leave it be.

The bell rings to signify the end of lunch. We make our way back inside the crowded hallways. Sophia, Abigail still reading her book and I all try to stay together while pushing our way through the crowds to make it to Italian. Arriving in the classroom we once again find our way to the back of he classroom.

Abigail sits in front of me refusing to be in the back row. I don't mind. I lean over to me left talking with Abigail until Professor Mastroianni walks into the classroom. He clears his throat before beginning the lesson. Already fluent in Italian I zone out once more.

At the end of the lesson as we walk out of class Professor Mastroianni stands in the doorway giving out this years first piece of Homework. Receiving the piece of paper I glance at it before shoving it into my bag. Sophia and I make out way to HASS, as we arrive outside the classroom stands Harper. We start walking into the classroom, Harper already talking as if she had never stopped. Taking our place in the back. Harper sits to my left, Sophia to my right. Sophia and I listen to Harper until the lesson starts.

"So, during break I went to this amazing Spanish restaurant. The food there was the best I have eaten. " Harper states.

While Harper is catching her breath, Sophia jumps in, "My family and I all went down to Missouri to see my uncle. My dad said something about him finding this alien kind of plant behind a Dairy Queen but he lost it so..."

On cue Mr. Stastny walks into the classroom. He again writes his name on the chalkboard, "Stastny, if you cant remember that just call me Mr. S." He smile a big toothy grin before writing todays subject on the board. "American Revolution" he turns his back to the class, the kids around me quickly start passing notes, throwing paper at one another and whispering, leaning over the side of their chairs. All this stops when Mr. Stastny turns back towards the class.

Soon class and my first day of school is over. Sophia, Harper and I all walk out the classroom, Harper immediately taking over the conversation. I watch as cars come and go from the pick up zone. It is not long before Alyona drives up. I wave goodbye to my new friends and quickly run over to the car. Jumping in and flinging my backpack to the other side of the seats.

I start to talk about my day, I tell Alyona about how Sophia and I are becoming close friends, how I hate Harper and about Sophia's other friends. Alyona gives me a worried glace through the review mirror. "Make sure you are not getting to attached to Sophia or her friends, alright?" I look down and nod. Alyona perks up, "How about we go try an American delicacy?" she asks.

I look at her, my eyes widen, "Yes, what is it?" I ask , when I don't get a response from her I repeat my question over and over before we pull into a restaurant looking place. Giant white letters and a red background spelling out "McDonalds" Walking in I am hit with the screams of children and the overall smell of lots of people in a confined space.

"It's called fast food." Alyona almost screams over the noise, "Here fast food makes up 11% of their diet. I though you might want to celebrate." I nod my head and look up at the menus. I settle on a cheeseburger with fries. We sit down in a booth, my arms sticking to the table.

Alyona and I eat our food and drive back home. I go to the kitchen table and fish out my homework. It is quickly finished and I go to my room and just lay on my bed. Happy for the first time in too long.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N:

Hi, sorry for my poor joke.

Hope you like the book, I promise this is going somewhere

Have a good rest of your day/night/whenever you are reading this