( две ) . . . 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 to noticed Annabeth's heart wasn't on the tour. She talked about all the amazing stuff the camp offered—magic archery, pegasus riding, the lava wall, fighting monsters —but showed no excitement. 

Iliya tried to helped with pointed out the open-air dining pavilion that overlooked Long Island Sound. She explained how Camp Half-Blood was mostly a summer camp, but some kids stayed here year-round, and they'd added so many campers it was always crowded now, even in winter.

As they climbed a hill at the edge of camp, Iliya smile when she saw an amazing view of the valley—a big stretch of woods to the northwest, a beautiful beach, the creek, the canoe lake, lush green fields, and the whole layout of the cabins.

"The valley is protected from mortal eyes," Annabeth said. "As you can see, the weather is controlled, too. Each cabin represents a Greek god—a place for that god's children to live."

Iliya and Annabeth went silence and looked at Piper. "You're saying Mom was a goddess." Piper realize and Iliya smile. Annabeth nodded. "You're taking this awfully calmly."

Piper took a breath. "I guess after this morning, it's a little easier to believe. So who's my mom?"

"We should know soon," Iliya answer. "You're what—fifteen? Gods are supposed to claim you when you're thirteen. That was the deal."

Piper frowned as confused. "The deal?"

"They made a promise last summer ... well, long story... but they promised not to ignore their demigod children anymore, to claim them by the time they turn thirteen. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but you saw how fast Leo was claimed once he got here. Should happen for you soon. Tonight at the campfire, I bet we'll get a sign."

"Why thirteen?"

"The older you get," Iliya said, "the more monsters notice you, try to kill you. 'Round thirteen is usually when it starts. That's why we send protectors into the schools to find you guys, get you to camp before it's too late."

"Like Coach Hedge?"

Annabeth nodded. "He's—he was a satyr: half man, half goat. Satyrs work for the camp, finding demigods, protecting them, bringing them in when the time is right."