Chapter 1: Reborn

"Everyone, to your tanks!" Miho commands to Oarai Girls Academy's Sensha-do team. The enthusiastic girls immediately ran to their tanks. As Caesar prepared to enter the StuG III, Hippo Team's tank, she suddenly sees a man lying on Erwin's seat! The man appeared to be wearing a coat, and had a military hat on his head. Gasping, Caesar stops and looks down. Confused at her action, Erwin and Saemonza asked her what happened, but the loader simply pointed. Following her finger, Erwin was also surprised to see the man, but the next moment, she recognizes who this man was: it was what she named herself after, the legendary Erwin Rommel! Meanwhile, seeing the members of Hippo Team all not entering their tank, Miho asks what the problem was. Erwin gestured for her to come close, and the commander did so. Upon seeing Rommel, she was equally shocked, then immediately calls for the School's doctor. Very soon, a few students which were carrying a stretcher were running over to them, with a doctor accompanying them. After checking his pulse and breath, the doctor confirmed that Rommel was not in any danger, but they need to bring him to the resting room as he was unconscious. The practice continued, but Erwin was only doing everything half-heartedly, as she kept thinking about finding Rommel in their StuG III. But, Rommel had died decades ago, during world war 2. How did he appear in their tank? However, the moment she had seen him, there was this feeling from the man, a superior feeling that only Rommel could have.

"Hey, Riko Matsumoto! Focus on the practice!" Miho shouted at the StuG III commander, who snapped out of it and looked around in confusion. Everyone stared up at her. Erwin's face turns red from embarrassment and apologizes. 

Soon, the practice was over and next was a free period for her. Instead of staying together with her friends, Erwin runs the room where Rommel was in. Knocking on the door, Erwin comes in and sees a nurse asking Rommel some questions. However, the moment his vision and Erwin's met, the general gasps and exclaims,

"It's... it's you! You're the... argh, I can't remember!" Erwin was also dumbfounded at his reaction. How did this general who passed away decades ago know who she is? Turning to the nurse, Erwin requests to have some private time with Rommel. The moment the door closes, Erwin turns to Rommel and asks,

"What do you remember?"

"Ah, I remember I was at home, then it all turns dark. The next moment, I'm here. I don't know who you are, but you look very familiar. So what is your name?"

"So, I found you in my tank, the StuG III, and you were unconscious. Oh, and my name is Erwin."

"So we're both called Erwin? Wait you're wearing my hat!" Rommel reaches up and attempts to take her hat. Erwin steps back and picks up a stick on the floor and points it at Rommel in defense. However, Rommel takes out his pistol and points it at Erwin, then speaks in a threatening tone,

"Well, I still don't know who you are exactly, and I can't trust you. You're the one who brought me here, and I demand you bring me back!"

"Aaah! Wait, don't shoot hurt me! It's 2012 now, and you passed away in 1944..." Erwin raises her hands to show no threat, and whimpers in a soft voice, scared of the German general.

"Now you're cursing me to die?! Bastard!" Rommel holds her by her jacket and forces her to the wall. He points the gun to her head. "Now, you are going to explain everything. I'm don't kill innocent people, but that doesn't mean I won't hurt you should you attempt to deceive me, or attack me. Have I made myself clear?!"

"Y-yes, sir. So..." Erwin starts explaining everything to Rommel, starting from his death, then talks about the school, ending with finding the general inside the tank. Rommel nods as he comprehends the information in his mind, and also frees Erwin. After realizing they were trying to help him instead, Rommel apologizes to Erwin for misunderstanding her. The two then began to chat about tanks, until Erwin mentions about how she admires Rommel.

"Huh? So, you admire me, yet I'm in front of you and you aren't excited?"

"Em, so first, you participated in the plot to assassinate Hitler, then after he found out, he gave you an option to remain as a national hero and commit suicide, and he would tell everyone you succumbed to injuries sustained from the attack on your car. I don't know how you appeared inside my tank, but from what everyone knows, you died a long time ago. It's recorded in history books and everything."

"So, I'm not supposed to be alive now? Everyone thinks I am dead?" Rommel seems surprised, as he has been gone for 68 years already, missing out on everything that had happened. After Erwin tells him everything that happened during these years, the door opens and the two turn to see Saemonza standing at the door.

"Riko~ its time for class and you're going to be late!" 

"Oh, I'm coming, see you later sir!" Erwin aka Riko says hurriedly before running off. She seems like a nice girl, what if I...... no I can't I have a wife and children already! Rommel says to himself as he watched Erwin disappear from his view. But it's nice I have a fan who admires me.

A few minutes later, the door opens and three girls step in. The shortest of them introduced herself as Anzu Kadotani, the leader of the Student Council.

"So, I'm in a school?" Rommel asks, then realizes it was probably the case, since they were all wearing similar clothing.

"Yes, you are in Oarai Girls Academy. That girl whom you just met, the one with a similar hat as yours, is Riko Matsumoto, nicknamed Erwin. According to history books, you passed away in 1944. We are still investigating how you came into our school, and how you managed to live for so long despite not changing in appearance at all. For now, please make yourself comfortable in the school, as you will be our guest." Anzu explains the situation to Rommel, who thanks them again for helping him. He was reborn, but what if he isn't the only one that came into this world?