Chapter 3: Chance

Note: I am NOT leaking anything for Das Finale! As it isn't fully out yet I can't write based on the plot, so I am just presuming this is what happened. And I will not be editing it at all after Das Finale is released.

As Oarai's match against Chi-ha-tan had ended, the second round winners had also been determined:

Oarai Girls Academy 

Jatkosota High School

Pravda Girls High School

St.Gloriana Girls College

As Rommel went back to his house after the match had ended, he finds Riko behind him, inviting him to dinner. Rommel agrees and holds Riko's hand, to his surprise, and she blushes. Rommel and Riko went to the Hippo team's house and they ate dinner together, as the other girls had agreed to leave, in order to give them some privacy. Riko was soon full, and as she was feeling quite sleepy, the girl fell asleep on Rommel's lap. The general gave a faint smile and puts his hand on Riko, then the door bell interrupted their moment together. Rommel stood up and went to the door, and found three girls, who introduced themselves as Azumi, Megumi and Rumi. 

"You are Erwin Rommel, right? We want to ask you something, so can we come in?"

"Em, yes of course. Make yourselves comfortable."

The three entered and sat down around the table, cleaned by Rommel just a few minutes ago. The moment they sat down, Rumi leans towards Rommel and asked,

"You've heard of the University Select Team, right? We are currently lacking an experienced instructor, so I wonder if you can join us? We can help you leave Oarai and anything else, we can help with that. You can get your own house that comes with a swimming pool and also a membership card, allowing you to use all equipment in our area for free, as well as get discounts for your purchases at the stores. Just become our instructor, and you'll get all these!"

"Em, that sounds cool, but no thanks. I'd stay with Oarai."

The Bermuda Trio seemed dissatisfied with his decision, but Rommel was insistent on it, and they gave up persuading him. As they stood up to leave,  Megumi sees Riko sleeping on Rommel's lap, and she took note of that. After the Bermuda Trio got out, Megumi told her observation to them. Since they couldn't persuade Rommel onto their team, they were going to do it by force.

Rommel, having nothing to do, went into Riko's room, where he finds a stack of books about Erwin Rommel, the Dersert Fox. As he read through the books, the door opens and Caesar, Saemonza and Oryou entered the house. The saw Riko sleeping, then heard sounds coming from Riko's room. Meanwhile in Riko's room, Rommel had found a piece of paper between the books. It was a drawing of Rommel and Riko together, holding hands and standing on top of a StuG III. Abruptly, there was a knock on the door and the Caesar opened it. Rommel quickly hid the piece of paper in his pocket and hurriedly replied,

"Ah, you're back, I was just looking at these books."

"Rommel, you can't go through other people's things without their permission!" Caesar scolded him and pulled him out. Rommel said goodbye to the girls, and left their house. As he walked home under the faint light from the street lamps, he took out the piece of paper and admired it. It wasn't a perfect drawing, the lines were not straight and the coloring was bad, but he didn't notice. Looking up at the night sky filled with bright stars, Rommel thinks of Riko. As he gazed at the stars, he could see Riko, her cheerful smile and bright eyes reminding him of his daughter he had in his previous life on earth. He didn't missed his previous life as much now, not with Riko here.

Another day passed, and it was now the battle of Oarai Girls Academy against Jatkosota High School. Oarai was using the same nine tanks, with the Panzer IV as the flag tank, against Jatkosota's tanks: one BT-42 as the flag tank, two Panzer IV Ausf J, one StuG III Ausf G Finnish version, seven T-26, one KV-1, one Type 95 Ha-Go and two Vickers 6-Ton. The battle was going to be a tough one for Oarai, with them being outnumbered by the Jatkosota tanks. Nevertheless, Momo and Miho were self-assured that with Rommel's tactics, they would be able to win the battle against Jatkosota, which was set to take place in a snowy area, with a village as well as a cluster of spruce tree.s

The moment the battle started, the Oarai tanks split up in groups of three, with the Panzer IV, Type 3 Chi-Nu and Hetzer in one group, Char B1 Bis, M3 Lee and Type 89B in another, and the last group being made up of the Porsche Tiger, Mark IV and StuG IIII. With the Porsche Tiger group moving into the forest, the Panzer IV group was going to the left, and the B1 Bis group to the right, before trapping the Jatkosota forces in the center. They were going to force their opponents into the ambush of the three powerful tanks, who would destroy them with their cannons. 

The Panzer IV crossed over a hill, and found the three T-26, one Panzer IV Ausf J, StuG III Ausf G and Type 95 Ha-Go. The Panzer IV group opened fire, eliminating the Type 95 Ha-Go, and causing the Jatkosota tanks to turn. A wave of shells came soaring through the air at them, blowing the dirt up in the air. When it had cleared, the Oarai tanks were gone.

"Commander Mika, do we give chase?"

"No, it's a trap. All tanks, surround the forest."

Mika's group of the BT-42, two T-26, KV-1 and two Vickers 6-Ton met up with the other group and they pursued the Oarai tanks to the village. Hiding in the thick snow, the Hetzer fires at the Vickers 6-Ton on the right, damaging its tracks. The five T-26 and the KV-1 fired at the snow, causing massive damage to the buildings and terrain. The Chi-Nu moved out from between two houses and shot a T-26 in its weak point, destroying it. The next moment, a barrage of fire from the BT-42, Panzer IV Ausf J and KV-1 took down the Chi-Nu.

Meanwhile, the other Panzer IV Ausf J and two T-26 were fighting the B1 Bis group. They had taken out the 89B, but one of the T-26 was also destroyed. Mika received the news and orders two T-26 to disengage with the enemy and go support their allies in danger. The moment they entered the open, though, the StuG III appeared and opened fire, its powerful shell penetrating the T-26 in front, though not destroying it yet. The Panzer IV Ausf J attempts to go help, when the Porsche Tiger also appeared with the Mark IV, and the two tanks opened fire together, destroying it.

Current tanks:

Oarai: 1 Type 3 Chi-Nu, 1 Type 89B eliminated.

Jatkosota: 1 Type 95 Ha-Go, 2 T-26, 1 Panzer IV Ausf J eliminated; 1 T-26 damaged; 1 Vickers 6-Ton tracks destroyed.

Subsequently, the Panzer IV Ausf J and the T-26 had showed up. They opened fire on Oarai's tanks, but Miho was feeling nervous, as she realized something suspicious. The B1 Bis and the M3 Lee were not taken out yet, but where were they?