||29||

Sometimes,a slap of fate is harder than the disaster of thousands storms

Sometimes,a slap of fate is harder than the disaster of thousands storms. You could find no way out of it. It would rotate around you in the same axis of life, miserable. On the night of the hospital,Ma lost what she was left with. A half paralyzed body was then fully paralyzed. Only the blank stare which I saw in her eyes was everything to pierce my heart. What had I done,how terrible!

A coma wasn't the least I was expecting. The thread that kept me bound with hope was, her heart was still beating. I could see the resonance of her heartbeats in green neons, penetrating and beeping sound. Tears were soaked, waiting was perished. I knew someone must had informed Bilal of the situation. He might be on his way. As much as I wanted to see him,the much more I feared if he could forgive me for what I had done, even though unintentionally. Bilal's anger was something I would never mind. But sometimes the fear doesn't come from your mind,it comes from the depth of heart.

The nurses came with intervals, checking the saline dropping carefully, pushing some injections I couldn't understand for what. The saline was injected through her veins. I wondered how much pain it caused. Ma was an oversensitive woman. I recalled if I used to tie her hair a little too much tightly,she would moan loudly. It was in the early days I came here. How could have Ma endured the pain of taking so many injections? Careless movements of the nurses who always made a hurry on cleaning her clothes? These made me worried to hell.

My presence was merely a disturbance for the hospital staffs. I would question,I would request them to do it a little more delicately,a little more carefully. But they only said they needed to do their work their way,not my way. Could they not see the concerns I was breathing ? Why?

How pity that Ma couldn't even moan now,but she could feel the pain just as before? The cruel punishment for her was undeservable. Steer clear of her pains,why would my heart ache so deep?

Had not life slapped me enough then?
If not in my cheeks but in the vessels of my cells? How to control that word called depression which people define so easily now?

Apart from titling my head against the wall,all that usher in my heart was thoughts,these thoughts. Endless questions,dried answers,unsaid sentiments and all that collapse a human harshly.

When my exhausted self caught a view around,I could see other people whose lives were so easy to live.

The newborn baby in her mother's arms,a toddler getting her finger bandaged holding his father's hand, a pregnant woman taking the support of her beloved,an old man embracing the shoulder of his child and what not. These scenarios were painful and beautiful at the same time. The sunshines on their faces were making my lips part and smile, but the desire of being themselves was digging a grave under the pit of my heart.

Why couldn't life be kind on me like it had been on that mother,that toddler,that woman,that old man?

Again, thoughts. . . . . questions. . . . and a field of no replies.

After a while,came a familiar face. Questions were written on that face. Clearly.

The grey clouds of my mind gathered all the strength to walk and bury my head on that chest. Tears rolled down, unboundedly.

I heard that echo from the heart where my ear was dug,

" Surely with pain,comes ease"