His Ego, Her Pride (Part 8)

IMPORTANT: (KINDLY DON'T MISS)

I am back with it's update and I know I am late. Personal and professional lives tangled and I couldn't write a word in the last few months. I won't bore you guys with much details. Just know that I was waiting for my comeback here as much as you guys were.

Thank you for everyone who waited patiently and impatiently as well. I have read all of your comments and frustration in the last few days I have started writing back and I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for keeping you wait. Trust me I wouldn't have taken this long if it was in my hands. 

Now that I am back I'd try to be as much regular as possible. Kindly bear with me :)

Now coming to this story. This update is quite long. About 20K+ words to compensate for my absence. I hope it'd be worth the wait.

Without much ado, here we go!

(Not Proofread)

________________________

"Will my death bring peace to you?" He whispered in a low agonizing voice. His head hurt with splitting pain. His ears buzzed with his heartbeats slowing down.

"Yes. I'd be most happy to see your dead face!" She bellowed grabbing his collars shaking him hard before dropping her head on his chest only wailed out loud making him cry along with her. His face depicted sheer helplessness and pain.

She has said many hurtful things to him till now in her pain, in anguish but today she absolutely killed him with her words. His whole being bled while his heart clawed painfully as if someone was squeezing it tight in his chest. Upon that she choose to stab him more by sobbing with her head right over his heart. Oh the agony doubled within him.

"I need to go somewhere," He said breathlessly moving away from her. She fell on her knees as he walked away.

Opening the door he stopped for a moment with his back to her touching his face to the wooden pane before stormed off without looking back as her cries cut deep through his already bleeding heart.

"Chote," Anjali called out to him as he hurriedly descended the stairs and ran past them to the exit. Everyone noticed his red face and swollen eyes, him ruined. Upon that Khushi's cries still reverberated in the mansion increasing their despair.

"Nani, what will happen to these two?" Anjali croaked to which she heard only silence as no one knew it's answer.

"Isn't that my Choti's voice? Why Arnav left like that? Was he crying?"

Anjali whirled around to find her husband Sameer entering the living room with knitted brows.

He has stayed out in the garden throughout the function as he knew his presence hurt his sister.

After seeing off the guests he was coming back inside when an urgent call kept him out for half an hour before he came in. He has been filled in by Anjali about what happened inside during the ritual and how Arnav handled the whole situation.

His brother-in-law(Arnav) cum friend was proving his decision right of giving his sister's(Khushi) responsibility in his hands every passing moment.

He mentally noted to thank Arnav when he saw him barging outside, walking past him, hopping in the car and driving off despite his various calls. He ran inside to get to know the matter.

"They fought again," Anjali cried out.

"Akash go after Arnav," Sameer said silently to which Akash nodded and ran out. Knowing that Akash will take care of Arnav, he turned to the opposite direction.