His Ego, Her Pride (Part 9B)

Do listen to the song above. One of my all time favourites with such a soulful voice, addictive music and the best lyrics. It fits so well with the emotions in this update.

____

(12k+words)

(Not proofread)
____

"You're not going to that restaurant ever again!"

"Not only that you're not going to step out of this mansion either, until or unless either me or Sameer Jiju accompany you. Got that?"

True to his words he made perfect arrangement for the same much to her bewilderment.

As if he knew she won't listen he tried his other tactics instead of arguing with her.

Simple for Arnav Singh Raizada. He used his money and there lo and behold got that restaurant on his name and turned the owner of that place along with all the workers, his own employees.

When she heard that from Veer Kaka itself she was dumbfounded.

Veer Sharma couldn't stop praising the ASR who had a detailed meeting with him and calmly explained him the pros of revamping this place in which AR would invest.

Not only him but also his staff would benefit from it. And until the renovation is done they all would be granted paid leaves double the amount they had been earning or receiving lately.

Who could resist those glitters? Not everyone could be Khushi who has had not only withstood against the ASR's power but also has tamed the mighty tyrant down to his very knees by simply sticking to her own morals and values. By just being herself.

Khushi put the phone down congratulating Veer Kaka trying to calm herself down. It means she was unemployed now and his goal to keep her cocooned in the house was very much successful. Great. Just great.

"I'm a businessman Khushi. It's my job to invest where profits and success are guaranteed." He said casually when she charged on him with questions with her nostrils flaring.

She loved that job and he had the audacity to just swipe her work-place off the ground just because he was feeling like controlling her?

No, he said he was worried for her. Worried for what, when she has shouted, he said she doesn't need to know the details making her huff in annoyance. He was being either controlling or overprotective or whatever for only god-knows why.

Is there anything he does halfway? It's either too much hate, too much control or too much care. Nothing in between. She started to feel on the edge around him these days.

Gone were the days he used to make her pissed or angry. Nowadays she was surprisingly getting more worried.

For what? For him? At that question she shook her head vigorously.

Why would she be concerned for him when he was closing in the walls around her? Why dammit?

So she concluded for her own peace of mind that she was just worried for herself. She also tried hard to make herself angry for how he has made her lose her job.