Scattered Pieces (Part 2)

"YOU LAAD GOVERNOR I SAID I'M NOT CRYING!" With the holler came the strong push by her at his chest making him stagger back gobsmacked.

Neither ASR nor Mr. Raizada. She has yelled out 'Laad Governor!'

His heart flipped first before dropping into his stomach until it jumped back up jolting his whole being while severely pounding like a drum in his ears.

Next, he found himself jumping back several steps away from her scared out of his wits. It hasn't been even a couple of minutes and she already remembered something very crucial from their past.

Khushi's anger turned into confusion as she saw his abrupt unexpected reaction. Why was this man looking so terrified as if he has seen a ghost?

She took a good look behind her and found out that no one else was standing there. So his fear was directed at her?

Before she could process what's happening her jaws dropped as she saw ASR whirling around and making a run in the opposite direction as if he was being chased.

Not only her but also his employees were shell shocked. They have never seen their boss fumbling and this flustered before.

Khushi's brows knitted in utter conflict.

What is wrong with this man? Jiji's Jethji is really weird!

"What does it mean? Am I hired or fired?" She scratched her head not even realizing that she has had opened a pandora box for someone who was already pining for her for so long. She even missed what she called him subconsciously.

"Hello,"

Khushi's head jerked to her side and she saw Aman standing there.

The man standing above at his cabin's glass doors was looking down breathlessly. Worriedly. He heaved a sigh of relief as he has reacted on time before it could affect her or trigger more memories of their past. Else he might have lost her.

As his concern subsided, fury took over him as he saw that she remembers Aman as well. Of course. The one she has wiped out of her mind was him. Just and just him. Ruthless woman!

Never in his wildest dreams he has ever thought that he would feel jealous of his Friday man but at this moment he definitely was; seeing how she was talking with a sunny smile on her lips with Aman as his PA excused for his boss's behavior even without confronting ASR.

Aman knew what to do when his boss is facing a crisis. He has witnessed their interaction and has rushed forward to salvage the situation. Arnav was both thankful and jealous of his personal assistant. Damn you freaking Aman!

What he wouldn't do to get even that friendly smile from her and to be able to talk standing even an arm length away without him feeling scared of losing her?

His eyes prickled and stomach churned in anguish. As much as his heart was joyful of the fact that she was under the same roof as he, his mind wouldn't let him dwell on it for too long reminding him that even if she was just right there in front of his eyes, he have to maintain his distance.

He can't go near her. Can't touch her. Can't smell her flowery natural scent. Can't even embrace her. Let alone confess how much she means to him.

Karma has been really paying him so leisurely. It was back to bite him like a bitch just when he thought it all can't get anymore agonizing than it was before.

If she wants to work here then who the heck was he to stop her? This was her company as much as it was his. Even though she doesn't know this fact. So what? If it makes her happier then so be it.

He would rather die than let her shed any more tears because of a jerk like him.

His PA did the needful to pick after him. Aman was now introducing her to their head designer under whom she would be working. Natasha took an enthusiastic Khushi to her cabin.