Scattered Pieces (Part 3)

This quick update is only and only for all the readers who have voted and commented on the the Part 2. Thank you all for not being silent and appreciating my hardwork❤️

Happy reading!

____

"Di," He dragged in a harsh breath.

"Do something. Tell me how to make her understand. Help me become worthy of her."

"I can't draw in any more breaths without her. I can't. Di, I can't. I'd die. Di, I'd perish. Help me, please help your Chote..." He cried out.

"Haven't I suffered enough? Why does she keep adding more to it? I've not seen anyone as heartless as her. I hate her Di. I hate her so damn much!" He hiccuped crying like a baby in his sister's arms standing in the same position.

Anjali's tears rolled down but she didn't interrupt him at all. Instead she kept running her fingers in his hairs and rubbed his back up and down as he kept mumbling one thing or another complaining to her how much his Khushi was punishing him and grating on his nerves at the same time.

"I wish I could... I wish I could yell at her. Burst out on her. But I can't do that either." He finally raised his hands to hug her tightly breaking down in his sister's arms not even realizing that his this action has broken all the walls the brother-sister has risen up for a while now in between them.

Not even realizing that Khushi about whom he was complaining about, unknowingly has given him back his sister and their beautiful bond back.

Not him but Anjali did realize it and it welled up her heart some more. She cried for him and with him.

They have both grown to become a better human beings and has learnt a lot from their mistakes over the years.

Her old arrogant Chote would have acted impulsively first before informing her or the others. But this one, the best version of her brother, came to her first and poured out his heart, asked for help from his sister like he used to do in his childhood.

She led him in the room when he stopped crying and talking. His breathing was labored. His face and eyes red. The pain so visible in his every feature.

She made him sit on the bed and drink water. She sat beside him with her back against the headboard with her one leg touching on the floor and the other folded over the bed.

Before she could say something he moved and placing his head on her lap spread his legs on the bed turned to the side before closing his eyes.

She barely managed to not sob out loud as her heart clawed so much at his action. She couldn't see him like this. He erred no doubt. So did she. So did everyone.

But he was the one who has repented so diligently and intensely like no one else. He still was!

She ran her fingers in his hairs soothingly and leaned to press her lips on his temple. Somehow she managed to get him to sleep without any frown lines marring his forehead.

That's how Payal saw them when she entered Anjali's room after knocking. Anjali gestured her to come in through her hand. Payal swallowed and came to sit at the edge of the bed. On the other side of these bed.