Goodbye

I could only hear muffled voices of only a few I could recognize. Dan, Phil, and a few others I can't remember. I opened my eyes to see a blurry Dan holding my hand.

"You're awake!" He yelled and kissed my cheek.

"What happened?" I asked, trying to sit up but quickly layed back down due to the pain in my stomach. 

"Some one shot you in the stomach and..." he trailed off as he put his face in his hands and I saw his body shake with sobs.

"The doctors say you're in crucial condition and that you don't have long to live. We are all surprised that you're even awake." Phil said from my other side. 

"I'm going to die?" I whimpered. Phil was just about to answer when Kian burst through the the door with Connor and JC following.

"Jenni!" He gasped as he ran into the room.

"Kian!" I exclaimed happily. Kian glanced to everyone and asked for a moment alone with me. Everyone left with unease especially Dan.

"Jenni. I missed you so much." He said putting his head on the empty space next to my stomach. 

"I missed you too Kian." I replied, putting my hand on his cheek. He rested his hand on top of mine and smiled at me.

"Listen. I have wanted to tell you this for a while but I never quite got the chance." he said with his eyes filling with tears. He sat up and stood so he was standing over me with his face about a foot in front of mine.
"I love you. I always have." he whispered before kissing me. I wrapped my arms around him and melted into the kiss until Kian was ripped from on top of me and thrown into the opposite wall. I heard the beeping of my heart monitor get faster as I sat up with excruciating pain to see Dan walking over to Kian.

"Dan stop!" I screamed, tearing all of the needles supplying my blood and fluids off so I could reach them. I staggered as I saw the gauze they wrapped around my stomach turn crimson, and I pulled Dan away from Kian.

"I love him." I said before falling to the ground and being absorbed by blackness.

Dan POV

I was extremely unnerved when Kian made us all leave the room so he could talk to Jennifer so when I saw him kiss her, I completely lost it. I burst into the room and threw Kian with all my strength into the other wall. I was too busy trying to keep him away from her to notice her getting up and ripping out her I.V. I felt her hands pushing me away and I just turned and I saw her face turn white as she told me, barely a whisper.

"I love him." then she collapsed to the ground. I picked her up and put her back on her bed as Kian reattached the heart monitor.

 It took a moment and we were both waiting, holding our breath to hopefully see the green line jump up and down with her heartbeat but to our great disappointment it was still with me monotone beeping signaling she was gone. I could feel my breath being taken away as I grabbed her hand. Her small, cold, dead hand as I wept. The doctors came in and I knew they couldn't do anything for her.

She was gone.

A few weeks later was her funeral. It was a dark rainy day and a few old friends of hers had come to play their instruments in her favorite songs as their own goodbye. We walked to where she was going to be buried. I had chosen a place under a large willow tree, her favorite. She had just gotten lowered into the ground when the rain started. Soft, warm, rain. She always loved it when it rained like this. And as I approached her grave to throw in dirt I whispered, quiet enough for only her to hear.

"I'm sorry."

A final apology. A final sentence. 

And I know I will never forget the girl who was shot by her brother.

Phil POV

"I did it." I said into the phone, letting tears fall.

"Good. I won't ever talk to you again now."