Part one; the first

Authors Note: Hello to anyone reading this! Firstly, thank you so much, that is really amazing! Secondly, I have completed this book, but I originally wrote it on a word document, so the formatting is off. I am fixing it, but it may take a while. Thirdly, I was told that publishing my book on here would be a good step toward the publishing process, so please remember to comment, as that is what I need at this point. Even constructive criticism will be appreciated. Don't be a silent reader. Any thoughts or feelings are welcome. Enjoy!

Thursday; 1998; Luna; Luna's bedroom; 00:38 am

Luna snapped awake and stared around her bedroom, wondering what had caused her to awake so suddenly. She noticed a small spider lurking in the top right corner of her window. Luna felt a shiver run down her spine.

She hated spiders.

Luna wondered again what had caused her to wake from her slumber. As she scanned her bedroom she saw a shadow drift across the wall in the moonlight that slanted in through her partially opened blinds and felt another shiver work its way slowly down her spine, taking it one vertebrae at a time. Luna closed her eyes and held them like that for a moment. When she opened them again, she took in all the components of her room that gave her comfort that nothing was wrong. All was quiet and still, and she could hear her parents' slow breathing coming from the room across the hall, and the television in her brother's room working quietly. Her books were still packed haphazardly on her floor in no particular order.  A creative tidiness, her mother called it. 

Her desk was still sorted with all the pens in little pots lined up in an accessible row. Her vanity cabinet was packed with her brushes, deodorants, hair ties and her many trophies lined up in a row where everyone could see them. 

Luna had a lot of trophies. 

She was an incredibly gifted girl, and often referred to behind her back (and in some cases, right to her face) as a teacher's pet. Luna was beautiful, but reserved. Her eyes shone like opalescent lilies, hidden behind the concealing curtain that was her dreaded glasses. She was lean but not muscular. Her thick auburn hair spilled down her back like a waterfall of molten fire and her lips were like a rose. 

Beautiful but dangerous. 

Luna sometimes wondered where all her intellect and (thought she would not ever admit it) beauty had come from. After all, her father was the local milkman and her mother was a green grocer. Neither was particularly beautiful in their own right, but Luna's grandmother, Amaya Grace, had been a killer in the sense that she was breathtaking. That was ironic seeing as she had been killed. Apparently she had run off with some company, and her family had been informed that she was dead shortly after. 

Her body was never recovered. 

There was no funeral. 

The house was lined with pictures of her though, overflowing with stunning portraits of her in delicate poses. Luna had grown up hearing how she looked like her grandmother, her fiery hair and opalescent eyes, which she did not take lightly. After all, it was not every day someone said she looked like one of the most beautiful ladies she had ever seen. Returning her thoughts back to herself (Rather selfishly, a little voice in her mind chuckled), Luna knew that the reason she was friendless was because Clair hated her. She was also rather awkward if she was being honest. She couldn't pin all of the blame on Clair. She wished that she had not been gifted with intelligence and instead social skills. Because, she thought, nobody ever got a boyfriend by starting with, Hi, you want to exchange mathematics facts? Luna hated that she was friendless and it wasn't made any better by the fact that Clair always sniggered behind her hand when Luna bounced in her seat because she knew the answer in class. 

Luna had always been told that high school would be amazing. She had only been there for a year and a half and she already knew that whoever had come up with that was absolutely mad. Luna sighed, but after looking around once more she had successfully given herself the comfort of knowing that nothing was wrong and, giving the spider one more wary look, rolled over and drifted off into unconsciousness, still imagining a world in which she wasn't alone. When she awoke in the morning, she remembered nothing of the previous night.

This is the first part of many to come. If you enjoyed this please do not hesitate to vote and comment!