Part one; the second

Hello! Yay, you decided to keep reading! I promise that the chapters will get longer, but for now they are short and sharp, just to get the message across! Any who, on with the chapter! Enjoy it! 

Thursday; 1998; Luna; The school bus; 08:27 am

On the way to school that morning, Luna was staring out of the window and thinking of what she had imagined the previous night. She did not have much to do on the way to school, friendless as she was.

Luna had once had a friend. A boy named Michael Phillips. Michael and Luna had been closer than Luna had ever felt to anyone, other than her parents and brother of course. One day, Michael and his family had gone to Australia on holiday and it was there that a terrible accident had occurred. They had been camping in the woods in tents, and apparently Michael's had attracted the attention of one of its many indigenous reptiles. Perhaps it looked like their Master, Luna thought with a laugh, but it quickly turned to a sob and she stifled it. 

On a particularly cold night, Michael had been sleeping and one of the little beasts had slithered into his tent. Michael had rolled over and the snake had pierced his neck with its deadly fangs. Michael hadn't even had a chance to scream, or so she had been told. She had never had any reason to doubt Michael's parents' story, for who made up the death of their child. When his parents came to wake him in the morning they had tried to shake him awake, and had seen the holes in his neck, slowly leaking blood onto his crisp white pillow. His parents had screamed then. Luna was told that they screamed for what felt like forever and their screams had rung through the day like funeral bells, sending the birds in the surrounding trees soaring to the heavens.

As Luna looked over at the vacant seat next to her she felt two tears make their slow way behind her glasses. Unlike most people, Luna did not become unattractive with tears. If anything, they enhanced her beauty, made it more prominent. The tears trickled down her nose and dropped onto the seat beside her. They left two small, dark circles and Luna felt panic grip her heart. They looked like snakes eyes. Luna turned her face away from the seat quickly and stared out of the window but found that the entire world was now swimming in a sea of tears. 

She quickly wiped her eyes on the back of her sleeve and looked toward the seat in front of her before anyone could see her crying but it was at that moment that Luna lowered her hands, that she felt her glasses get pulled unceremoniously off her face. She jumped and raised her hand behind her head and groped for her glasses. While she was reaching, Luna heard a jeering voice cry.

"I've got your glasses, nerd." Luna froze and slowly lowered her hand back into her lap. She recognised that voice. 

It was Clair Monte. 

Clair spent her days making Luna's life hell. Stealing her glasses and shoving her down or sneaking up behind her and pulling at Luna's long, auburn hair until she saw tears seep out of her beautiful eyes. Clair was holding her glasses and jeering at her, the same sentence over and over, I've got your glasses, I've got your glasses. Luna covered her face with her hands and hoped that Clair wouldn't do anything worse than hold her glasses and especially hoped that she wouldn't break them. As the bus slowed to a stop, Luna stood up and began to walk down the aisle. 

As she walked, she felt a tug on her hair and spun around, clutching at the elastic that held it up. She turned on her heel, and looked up into the smirking face of Clair Monte. Clair was a tall girl with waist length, silver-blond hair and gorgeous features. She had long eyelashes that shrouded her hazelnut coloured eyes like a veil, and a small splash of freckles across her nose. Clair had a slim build with muscular legs that at the moment sported a gorgeous summer tan. 

Clair was now standing over Luna and looking down at her, holding her glasses high above their heads. She swung the glasses by the bril and pretended to drop them. Luna reached for the glasses and leaped up, trying to grab them away from Clair. As Luna jumped, she heard the teacher calling for them to come off the bus and Clair threw the glasses high into the air, laughing as she dismounted. 

The glasses fell to the floor with an almighty crunch and the lenses smashed. Luna picked up her glasses and looked at the broken glass sadly. She placed the glasses on her face, but removed them almost at once as a chunk of glass fell from the lens and onto the floor. She carefully put the glasses on the very end of her nose so if glass did fall, it wouldn't go into her eyes, and walked into school, thinking that someday, she would get her revenge.