Part four; the first

This is a short chapter, and kind of random, but I listened to the text to speech for the first time today and it is SO FREAKING COOL! Idk if you know what audible is, but I feel like my book is on there.

Wednesday; 1998; S.N.A.K.E; Luna; 16:27

Luna groggily opened her eyes and looked around. She was sitting in almost complete darkness, except for a small pool of light situated slightly to her left. As she looked, the room flooded with light and three people were suddenly illuminated brightly. Luna saw Salron, Nicholas and Abigor standing in front of her. Salron and Nicholas more forward and Abigor lurked slightly behind them. They were all looking serenely at her and Abigor shook his head a little. As Luna looked, Salron began to talk and his voice rang out through the room. "Hello Luna. I'm Salron, this is Nicholas and this is Abigor. You won't know who we are, but we do know you." Luna opened her mouth to say that she did know them, but Abigor shook his head again and instead she just tried to spit out the piece of cloth that was in her mouth. It tasted a bit like paper but it was too big to fall out.

"Luna, we are from an agency called S.N.A.K.E, another agency. You may be wondering why you are here, but this is not my place to speak." Luna thought that it was a bit odd that he was saying that he couldn't tell her anything, considering how much he had already said.

"I understand that you have no idea why we have brought you here, but in due time, you should know. Ah, and here he comes now. You should have your questions answered in a moment." With a malicious smile, he backed into the shadows and a tall cloaked figure took his place. He looked down at Luna and she saw two lamp-like eyes open in the darkness and stare down at her. The eyes were slits like a snake's and bright, shining yellow like a cat's. She frowned and looked inquisitively at the person in front of her. He spoke in a low voice that was barely audible, even in the complete silence.

"Luna." He hissed. "Luna Grace. How long I have waited to meet you." He raised a long, pale finger and touched her cheek lightly. As he did, she felt a shiver run through her body and tried to back away, but realised that she was tied to the chair that she was sitting on. Why am I being tied up so much, she wondered, and looked at the man in front of her.

"You, Luna," The man continued, "Are very important, aren't you? But you don't know about that, do you?" He gave a soft chuckle and walked backwards examining Luna closely. He walked in a full circle and came to a rest in front of her again. Luna tried to speak, but the cloth in her mouth was still impairing any speech. The man clicked his fingers and Nicholas hurried forward, ripping the cloth from her mouth and throwing it into a far corner. Luna opened and closed her mouth a few times and swallowed hard, trying to get the awful taste out. After she had gotten used to using her mouth again, she burst into question, but the man raised a long finger to silence her.

"Luna, you are different, aren't you? You possess certain abilities that others don't, don't you? I know that you know of one, thanks to my friend here." He beckoned to one of the dark corners, and a man shuffled forward. Luna let out a gasp and her mouth dropped open. She recognised the man's short, black, slicked hair and his sharp, eagle eye.

"Oliver?" She cried and he gave an embarrassed look. "What are you doing here," she lowered her voice, "With them?" She jerked her head toward the cluster of people wearing cloaks and they all bristled uncomfortably.

"Luna." He muttered dully. "Luna." He moved back into the darkness before Luna could say another word and the tall man moved forward once more.

"So, Luna, you know Oliver. Have you noticed anything different about him lately? Anything strange?" He laughed again and turned around speaking in a low hiss.

"If you have, you may have noticed that he's a bit slower than usual? He's a bit blanker than usual, or, usual as you know him anyway. Do you know why he's like this? Do you know what's changed? I suppose if you're to know that, you should know why you're here." He gestured around her.

"And to know that, you should know who I am. I am the founder of this agency," he gestured around again, "and the founder of the agency that you have just come from. My name is Morfran, but everyone knows me as 'Master'. As I have already told you, the reason that everybody knows me as Master is because I founded the two agencies. You may want to know why I run both of the agencies. Well, if you do, then listen carefully to what I say. 

I started off running just one agency, S.P.I.D.E.R. I started the agency for a simple reason. I wanted to undermine the government. I felt that it was unjust that one group of people got to run everybody's life. I wanted to get rid of the government, and give everybody free will. I started a group of likeminded people," He gestured around, "And called it S.P.I.D.E.R. The people that I gathered thought the same as me, they thought that every person should have the pleasure of doing what they please. Our agency steadily grew larger and larger and after almost no time, it had grown to such a size, that we were almost ready. We were plotting to overthrow the government, but on the eve of our plan taking action, I saw something that rather disturbed me. I was sitting alone, when I saw a sort of 'vision'. Do you know what the vision was of Luna? It was of you. I saw that you had the power to overthrow me. And we couldn't have that, now could we?"