Epilogue

Luna's body slumped in the restraints holding her to the wall as her life force left her body. The pills had done their jobs alright. However, the two men watching the deceased girl had entirely different reactions. One of the men was wearing a heavy maroon cloak and the other a black one. The man in the black clock threw down his fists and cried in anguish. His chance. His one chance to bring down S.P.I.D.E.R was now gone. He had watched her endure dead children, and creatures in a dark room, her body parts disintegrating and even an apocalyptic world and yet, she had survived. Morfran had known that she would survive those encounters for his plan was never to kill. It had been to shatter her sanity and make it seem as though the thought of joining his agency was a good thing. How stupid he had been. She had killed herself. Why had he given her those pills? Had he honestly thought she would not do what she had done?

The man in the maroon cloak only smiled.

He had known what the girl would do long before she had actually done it. He had seen the signs. He had not told Morfran. Abigor cared for the girl now hanging from the wall. He had never wanted for her the terrible fate that he was currently living. Though the girl was now dead, he was sure she was happier than she would have been as Morfrans errand girl. That was no life.

Abigor knew that the best.

And so, the two men could only watch as the room that they had built and the girl they had worked so hard to recruit all fell away, as the ground tipped up, and Luna Grace disappeared into the black.