Part four; the second

Ok, finally the exciting part is arriving! I can't wait to see peoples reactions when they first read about the Panic Room!

Saturday; 1983; S.P.I.D.E.R; Oliver and Morfran; 13:41

"Hello Morfran How are you?" Oliver said as he walked into the brightly lit room. He walked through patches of bright sunlight that streamed through the partially open window. He walked to a desk that sat in the centre of the office and sat down in one of the comfortable leather chairs that were in front of it. He looked around the office and then at the man sitting in front of him. He had short dark hair and a black pencil-brush moustache. He wore a black three piece suit and a crisp white shirt. His long fingers were placed together and his chin was resting on them. He observed Oliver with intent curiosity, waiting for him to speak. Oliver opened his mouth to speak, but then stood up and walked to the opposite side of the room. He took a pair of reading glasses and a piece of paper from inside his jacket and walked back to Morfrans desk. He placed the paper on the table and the glasses on his face looking up at Morfran as he did so. With one finger, he slid the paper in front of Morfran and stood up straight, watching him read. "So this is your proposal, is it?" He asked, and Oliver nodded curtly. "I suppose that everything is in order, but why you want to bring more people into this agency is beyond me." He picked up the paper and brought it close to his eyes.

"Yes. Yes, I suppose that the agency is getting a little big for this building, but where do you suppose we go Oliver? We can't have anywhere public, or the government may find us. I suppose that we could try somewhere underground, but..." He trailed off as Oliver walked away again and gave a big grin.

"But now's not the time for work Oliver. It's Saturday. Have a drink." He produced a bottle and two glasses from beneath the desk and placed one of the glasses in front of Oliver. Morfran filled the glasses with a clear, amber liquid and raised his own glass. Oliver mimicked him and they touched glasses, before Morfran raised the glass to his lips and drank. Oliver raised his glass, but he did not take a drink. Instead, he watched Morfran drain his glass and bang it back down on the table, and placed his own down too. He sighed and leaned forward, taking the paper and trying to push it into Morfrans hand, but he would not take it. Instead he filled his glass with more of the amber liquid and raised it again to his lips. He downed it in one and put it back down, slightly cross eyed. His mouth was a little bit open as he refiled his glass and lifted it to eye level. Oliver looked at him and Morfran broke into a grin. He let out a barking laugh and drank his third glass, throwing it into the fireplace and standing up. He opened his arms wide and walked toward Oliver, who held the paper in front of him.

"Listen Morfran, please just sign this. It won't even take that long." He looked at Morfran exasperatedly and sighed. Morfran turned around suddenly and walked back to the desk picking up Oliver's glass and trying to give it to him.

"Come now Oliver. Have a drink." As he walked, he began to slow down and tilt sideways. All at once, he froze, the glass breaking on the floor, and his head tilted backward. He let out a dry, rasping breath and began to speak in a voice, much unlike his own.

"By the full moon on the sixth of July, a girl will be born with the name of the night. She will have a power that is incredibly rare, but she will not know of it. By the time she is fifteen, she will have an accident, and this is the sign. She will have a power beyond even mine, but she must be stopped. She must be stopped." His head slumped forward and he fell silent as suddenly as he had started speaking. His head lolled for a while before it snapped up and his smile returned.

"Why do you look so startled Oliver, what's happened?" Oliver's mouth dropped open and he stared in disbelief at Morfran. He was acting as though nothing had just happened. Morfran walked over to Oliver and looked him squarely in the eyes, his smile fading slowly.

"What's happened?" He asked. "Oliver, what's going on." Oliver closed his mouth again and mouthed wordlessly at Morfran who continued to look politely puzzled. Oliver stood there for a moment longer before turning on his heel and promptly walking from the room, muttering under his breath.