Part two; the second

Heyyy! This is kind of an explanatory filler chapter, but I like it so I'm gonna keep it just the way it is. If you have any comments about the characters or format at this point, please pm me. I really need advice at this point.

Wednesday; 1998; Luna; S.P.I.D.E.R; 13:09 pm

Luna's eyelids slowly fluttered open and she heard movement around her. She turned her head to see where the noise was coming from and saw black figures disappearing behind an ajar door. She tried to lift her head, expecting it to be too heavy underneath the turban of bandages, but found that she could lift her head easily. Luna looked down at her hands and saw that her right arm was unbandaged and healed. She then looked down at her legs and saw that they were free of the restricting casts. Luna tried to stand up, but found that she could do no more that wriggle on the hard wooden chair that she was seated upon. She looked down at her ankles and wrists once more and saw what she had not the first time. They were bound in rope. Luna started to move forward and the chair moved with her. She began to tip over and braced herself for the impact.

It didn't come.

Instead, Luna felt a sudden jerk as the chair righted itself and she twisted her head to see who had come. She saw a tall, lank man, wearing a black three piece suit. He had short, black, slicked hair and the sharp look of an eagle. He let out a small smile at the look of horror on her face and at the clearly audible gasp that she let out.

"You!" Luna snapped.

"Me." The man agreed and Luna saw a look of contempt flash across his face.

"What do you want?" Luna asked the man."Why are you here?"

The man circled Luna's chair, holding the back the whole time. He raised his eyebrows as he moved to her front and leaned close to her so that they were almost face to face. "I could ask you the same thing Luna, but I don't think that you could answer me. You are here because we need you in our agency." Luna looked around at the white walls, floor and ceiling and looked at the man with mock surprise.

"Some agency." Luna said in a scathing voice, looking at the man with scepticism. "Now where am I!" She demanded of the man, but he only smiled. The smile was infuriating full of knowing and understanding, yet at the same time, it was full of pleasure at the sight of Luna struggling. Luna pulled at the bonds that restrained her, binding her tightly to the hard wooden chair but they would not give. After a while, she got tired and looked around the room again. The man was still watching her with that slightly amused expression on his face.

"Whenever you're ready Luna," the man said, "Just say the word and I can tell you what is going on." Luna studied the man, trying to see whether he was lying or not. She could not see any of the usual signs of a lie, sweaty palms; looking away; the pulling of the shirt collar, and was forced to believe that he was indeed telling the truth and therefore said in a sulky yet slightly inquisitive tone,

"Fine. Tell me what's going on." The man beamed at Luna and began to speak.

"Well, Luna, firstly, I am one of the most important agents in this agency. I work for the 'mysteries' department here at S.P.I.D.E.R. Here at..." But he was cut off abruptly by Luna.

"S.P.I.D.E.R?" She said in an inquisitive voice, "what on earth is S.P.I.D.E.R?"

"No interruptions please." The man said in a clipped voice and continued. "As I was saying, here at S.P.I.D.E.R, I work for the mysteries department and you, Luna, work in the code department." Luna opened her mouth to speak, but the man raised his hand in a silencing gesture and continued. "Luna, as I was saying, you work in the code department at S.P.I.D.E.R. In that department, you will help the agency crack codes and figure out puzzles.