Part five; the third

This chapter was in a way inspired by Coroline (if you haven't seen it, go and watch it, it's AMAZING)

Wednesday; 1998; The panic room; Luna; 20:00

Luna slowly raised her head and stared around the blank room, it was as dull and bleak as before. Luna felt a lurch in her stomach as the world began to tip and she fell forward into the void of nothingness. Luna looked around her, expecting the shapes that had come the time before, but nothing appeared. Instead, she just fell through darkness, finally landing on a dirt floor. The room was damp and smelled of earth and mould. The dirt crunched underfoot as she ran around the room, trying to find a way out. She was still running when her foot connected with something that spun off and scrattled loudly. Luna took in a sharp intake of breath as she realised what the object had been.

Matches!

She fell to the floor and searched around, trying to find it. As she looked, Luna heard a rustling somewhere to her left and a chain of jumbled words. "Saletender, foremaster, katernigta, kill her. Luna began to tremble, but she was delusional! She had imagined it. At first her hands connected with nothing more that pebbles and dirt. After a few minutes, and after she had given up, Luna felt a small, rectangular object under her fingers.

She had found it!

Luna pulled it open and took out the first match, striking it and felt it snap under her fingers. She took out another one and dropped it, because her fingers here shaking so much. She did this with ten matches until she only felt three more under her fingers. She lifter one and heard the words again, but this time they were louder. "Saletender, foremaster, katernigta KILL HER!" Luna's breathing increased and she struck the match.

It lit.

She directed the flame around the room, but only saw dirt floor in the limited light cast by the flame. She held it until the fire touched her fingers and she dropped the match, watching it go out on the floor. She heard the words again, much louder this time. "SALETENDER, FOREMASTER, KATERINA, KILL HER! KILL HER! KILLLL HERRR! The last word was a scream and Luna jumped back lifting out the second match. She struck and it lit. She cast it around and saw a white hand disappearing into the darkness. 

She heard the shuffling of footsteps and the match went out. Luna heard the footsteps again and felt something wet, cold and slimy brush the tip of her thigh. She felt a hand on her neck and spun around to remove it but it was already gone. She heard a soft laugh and spun around, unsure of where it was coming. "WHERE ARE YOU!" She screamed, her fear overtaking her sanity. "WHAT ARE YOU!" Luna collapsed to the floor and dropped the matches. She scrabbled feverishly, desperate to light the last match and see what this thing was. She felt the box and grabbed it, ripping out the drawer and the final match. She took one slow, deep breath, closed her eyes, and lit the match.

 She slowly opened her eyelids, afraid of what she would see. 

Standing in front of her, smiling sweetly, was a little girl. He white arms hung limply at her sides, stitches the only things holding them to her body. He smile was wide, lines of thread also visible here. One eye was bleak and staring, stark white, while the other was a large, round, black button. She slowly reached forward, her wet fingers glistening in the light, and put out the match. The hissing sound that followed combined with her shriek of triumph, was enough to send Luna staggering back. She fell to the ground and screamed, as the girl reached down and grabbed her by the throat, lifting her up and tightening her grip. As the world darkened, the last thing that Luna saw was the girl opening her maw to reveal at least five sets of gleaming white teeth on each pallet. As she struck, Luna closed her eyes and the girl let go, Luna's head thudding against the dirt as everything went still.