Part two; the first

Ok, so, finally, first chapter done! I love ending things on cliffhangers. Makes me feel like a true author!  Ok, but the ending was kind of abrupt (on purpose) and if you're still reading then that means I have successfully lured you into my cliffhanger. So, thanks so much to everyone still here! 

Tuesday; 1998; Luna; St Mark's hospital; 15:25 pm

Luna awoke and raised her head from the soft pillow that it had been resting on. Her glasses had been removed so she could not see her surroundings and when Luna lifted her head she had some difficulty raising it more than a few centimetres above the pillow. Luna let her head fall back onto the pillow and raised a hand to feel what was making it so heavy. She winced as her fingers made contact with the thick turban of bandages that covered her head and suddenly what had happened came back to her. 

Luna closed her eyes and raised her hands to her face but found that she could only move one. She used the one arm that she could move to lower the green sheets and saw that her right arm along with her legs was encased in a white substance that Luna could not quite make out but assumed to be casts. Luna raised her good arm and groped around on the table that resided next to her bed and tried to find her glasses. Her fingers passed over bottles and bandages, tubes and bowls but no glasses. She dropped her hand back onto the bed and felt a button. She grabbed at it and pressed it frantically, hoping that it was a call button and someone would come in and help her find her glasses.

Nobody came.

Luna pressed the button once more before letting out a groan of despair and covering her face with her good arm. She closed her eyes and waited for sleep to come, but it did not. Instead, Luna heard footsteps coming closer and closer toward her, the heels of the unknown person's shoes making very loud clicking sounds against the linoleum. She opened her eyes again and tried to look around but couldn't raise her head. She heard the footsteps coming closer to her all the while and she suddenly realised. Nurses didn't wear shoes with heels. Luna froze and felt panic wash over her. She managed to prop herself up on her pillows and looked around. In the dim light cast by the overhead lamp, Luna saw a blurry figure make their way into the room and closed her eyes tight. She heard the footsteps stop and opened her eyes by a fraction.

She saw the figure standing over her bed, head pointed down to face her. It stood straight up again and then spoke.

"I know that you're awake Luna." Luna's throat closed up in fright. Who was this person?

She saw the figure reach down toward her night table and pick up an object. The person lowered their hand to her face and pushed Luna's glasses onto her face. The person came into sharp focus and Luna saw that it was a man. The man was tall, lank and wearing a black three piece suit. He also had short, black, slicked hair and the sharp look of an eagle. He was surveying Luna with a sinister look that suggested that she had done something wrong. The man gave Luna one more piercing look before looking away and speaking again.

"How do you feel Luna?" He asked her. "How's your head?" Luna felt an odd sensation in her chest and thought that this was a rather odd question coming from a person that she had never seen.

"Um...," Luna faltered. "It's ok I guess." The newcomer moved over to Luna's night table and picked up a jug of water and a glass. He walked over to her bed, opened a packet of white powder and poured it into the glass, swirling it until it dissolved. He passed the glass to Luna who took it warily.

"Drink up Luna," the man prompted, "it won't hurt you." Luna bit her bottom lip and raised the glass to her lips. She took a careful sip and lowered the glass onto the sheet. At once, she felt drowsiness wash over her and the glass slipped from her hand, smashing on the floor. Through closing eyelids, she saw the man take something out of his pocket and examine it closely before replacing it. The last glimpse that Luna had was of the man striding over to close the door, and hearing the glass smash on the floor, before she slipped away and could neither see nor hear.