II

*23 years ago*

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Joe and Y/N, happy birthday to you!" the group of parents sang. It was Joe and I's first birthday party. Joe was born about 1 month before me. Since our moms are besties they decided to have our 1st birthday on the SAME DAY! Joe's parents had one separate for him and his family and one separate for me and my family. We had cupcakes that were pink and blue. So basic right?! They gave Joe the blue one and me the pink one. I stole a bit of his frosting and mine tasted better so, HA! TAKE THAT JOE!

"Awww, Y/N just stole frosting from Joe.  How cute!" mom said.

How is that cute? It's called robbery.

"Here, Joey, it's a present from Auntie Presley and Uncle Jordan." Mom gave Joe this little box. He opened the box (well his mom did, he didn't, but that's not the point) and there was a tiny football inside it that said 'Future Pro' on it.

"Thank you guys so much! Don't worry. Joey says it too." Joe's fat, frosting filled face lit up in a 3-tooth smile.

"Here's something for Y/N!" Aunt Robin gave me a slightly bigger box than Joe. It was a small plush of a dog. It was kinda cute actually.

"Aww that's so adorable. What do you wanna name it?" mom asked.

"Merlin. That's sounds good." dad said.

Merlin. Merlin the dog. My new best friend.

I could fuck with that.

———————
sorry for such a short chapter 😭
kinda like a filler with some foreshadowing 😏

thx for reading :)