XVI

"So Joe, how's football going?" I asked the man in the passengers seat.

"Good." He answered plainly.

"When's your next game at home?"

"Saturday."

"Cool. I think I'm going to that one actually. Your mom talked about it on the plane but honestly I was half asleep so I didn't really hear." I laughed at the memory. Joe nodded.

"Take a right here." Joe said. I turned the wheel to the right so the car would head in that direction.

"Weird story. So, I went looking for your dorm and I knocked on this girl's dorm, thinking it was yours. I asked her if you lived there and she said no THEN she asked if I was trying to fuck you! I was shocked and told her that I was your best friend and that I didn't want to 'fuck you'. Weird right?!"

"Yeah. Funny you say that actually. I've been in many classes and girls have like fought for the seat next to me and then the girl that gets the seat flirts with me. Or like touches my thigh and rubs circles on it." I cringed at the thought of another girl touching Joe.

"That's gross." I laughed.

"That's not a laughing matter! It's really gross!" Joe testified.

"That's what I said!" I argued.

"Whatever." Joe rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't you dare roll eyes at me, mister 'all the girls wanna fuck me'." I snapped. Joe gasped and put his hand over his heart.

"Okay harsh, miss 'we can still be best friends'." The car fell silent. "I- I'm sorry. T-That was-"

"It's ok Joe. We're here now! And that's all that matters." I forced a smile. I pulled into the parking lot.

"We're here." I said and unlocked the car door.  Joe stepped out by I stayed in.

"Come on out! It would be dumb to drive back to your hotel and back here. Plus, you can hang out with us." he smiled.

"Ok fine." I hopped out of the car and locked it. We walked into the building and to the locker room doors. I stopped as Joe kept walking in. He stopped when he realized I wasn't following him.

"You can come in, if you want to." he said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah!" I followed him into the locker room. I gagged dramatically, it smelled like a wet dog times 10.

"It doesn't smell that bad." Joe testified.

"It smells like if a sock and a stink bug had a child and then shit on the child." I replied. Joe laughed.

"Are you sure that I'm allowed in here. I mean, y'all pretty much get naked in here." I remarked.

"Well, you just have to close your eyes." Joe said. He brought me over to his locker. He starts to get his stuff out of the locker. He takes his shirt off and unfolds the one he's supposed to wear. I turned around and close my eyes.

"Your acting like you've never seen me shirtless before. You have a pool in your backyard." I rolled my eyes and stay turned around.

"I know Joseph. But, I'm being respectful, you should try it sometime." Joe faked winced in pain.

"Ouch, but whatever floats your boat." He continues changing.

"I'm done." I turned around and peeked through my fingers to make sure he was fully changed. He in fact was telling the truth, so I dropped my hands from my face.

"You need to do anything else or what?" I crossed my arms.

"I'm done." We walked onto the field and got tons of stares.

"Joe's got a woman? What are you? Chemistry buddy, cheerleader friend?" Joe's friend asked.

"Did you ask me what I was? I'm a human, not an object thank you very much." I snarled.

"Feisty one aye? The name's Ja'Marr, but you probably knew that already." he winked.

"I actually didn't, cause I don't go here."

"This is y/n, we've been friends since birth." Joe added.

"Ohhhh you're that y/n, the one that goes to Ohio State. Joe talks about you all the time, only good things though." Joe blushed.

"JA'MARR WATCH OUT!" a voice came from the distance. A football was flying towards us. Ja'Marr didn't turn around in time, so I reached out and caught the football. Ja'Marr's jaw dropped. I threw it back to the guy, and it was right on target. Ja'Marr's jaw dropped even more.

"You're pretty good." Ja'Marr said.

"I would like to think so." I smirked.

"BURROW! CHASE! GET OVER HERE!" the man who I assumed was the coach, yelled.

"Should I come with you or..."

"Come with us! Coach is gonna love you!" Joe exclaimed. I ran over to the huddle with the boys.

"Hello boys, nice for you two to join us. Now, who is this pretty lady we have here?" Coach asked.

"I'm y/n. Now, for the record, I would not like to be addressed as 'pretty lady', 'hot stuff', or any of the above. My name is
y/n, thank you." I crossed my arms in front of the older man. He widened his eyes.

"I don't know if any of the boys have told you this, Miss y/n, but no one here disrespects me. Understand?"

"Once you start respecting women, which seems like never. So once you respect me, I will respect you. It's a two way game my friend." I smirked.

"I like you. You could teach these boys a thing or two." Coach said.

"I'm at your service."

"I'm glad. Now, BOYS! GET TO WORK!" Coach yelled. The boys scrambled to get to what they needed to do.

"So, your dating Burrow?" someone asked. I turned around, it was some random player.

"Uh no. We're friends and neighbors."

"The way he looks at you. MY GOD! It's something different." he smirked.

"That's very sweet of you. Now, shouldn't you be practicing or some shit?" I asked, hands on my hips.

"Yeah your right. See you later!" the man jogged off to do whatever he was doing.

Did he really look at me like that? Was it something different?

I looked over to where Joe was, to see him already staring at me. He blushed and turned back to working out.

Maybe that guy was right.

———————
that boy be working miracles 🙏🙏
took a long ass time to upload a real chapter
i'm sorry 😔
anyways, have a great day and thank u for reading 😘