V

*7 years ago*

"I can't believe we're already graduating!" Joe exclaimed.

"I can't believe I survived high school without you." I said. Joe and I went to different high schools. I went to an all girls and he went to a public high school.

"I can't believe we got into the same college!" Joe exclaimed.

"I know! What are the chances!" I said, matching his energy.

*mid chapter time skip to your graduation ceremony brought to you by Trey Lance being the LITERAL GOAT*

The announcer lady was announcing off names and the college they were going to.

"Linda Finley Gery; Texas A&M. Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N; The Ohio State University." I walk across the stage and accept my certificate. I shake my principal's hand and sit back down in my original seat. I look over my shoulder and see my family and Joe giving me thumbs ups.
My classmates and I throw up our hats and cheer. I walk out of the gym where we can now see and talk to our families. I see Joe and run up to him.

"You did it! You graduated!" he exclaimed as he picked me up in a hug.

"Before you too! That just makes it 10 times better!"

"Whatever." Joe rolls his eyes at me.

*second mid chapter timeskip to Joe's graduation brought to you by Trace McSorely being cut 😭*

"Patrick Rey Bends; Michigan State University. Joseph Lee Burrow; The Ohio State University. I clap as Joe struts across the stage. I feel a tear about to come out of my eye. I wipe it VERY quickly and keep clapping. Joe's class throw up their hats and cheer just like we did. I go through the crowd of people and see Joe. He runs up to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"You did it but after me!" I remind him.

"You're never gonna let go of that, are you?"

"Never." I smirk.

——————
the last time skip tho 😭😭
thx for reading