VI

*6 years ago*

"Y/N. Y/N! Today's the day!" my mom whisper-yelled at me.

"I know mom. It's moving day." I said groggily.

"Well get up! We have to pack up your remaining things. After, we can go help Joe with his packing." mom said.

"Ok." I said a little more energized. I get up and start getting ready. Joe, just his name gives me butterflies. He went from the average height, football quarterback boy to a tall, muscular man (who is still a football quarterback, might I add). He still has that contagious smile he has always had. And now more than ever, he has girls DROOLING over him.

Like once, a girl that had just transferred to my high school came over to work on a project last year. Joe came over like normal to hang with my brother. When he walked in she had her mouth hung open like she couldn't close it. "T-That's your n-neighbor." she said. I just laughed and nodded. She asked me for his number and asked to come over every other day. I denied it cause she was a bitch anyways.

I ran down stairs into the dining room where Joe and his family were eating with my family. "Took you long enough!" Joe playfully yelled.

"Ay! This face takes time." I say, motioning towards my face.

"Whatever Y/L/N." Joe said.

"Stop flirting you two and come and get some pancakes before someone eats them all." Aunt Robin said. I rolled my eyes at her statement. I sat down and started to chow down on my pancakes.

"These are so fucking good." I said with my mouth full.

"Language!" dad yelled from the kitchen.

"Ok Steve Rogers." you laughed. Joe tried to contain his laughter but couldn't.

"Fuck Y/N! That was a good one!" Joe said in between laughs.

"I wouldn't call myself a comedic genius but I'm here all day." I said while pointing at myself.

*time skip brought to you by T Brady sniffing bread*

You go upstairs to start packing your remaining stuff. You hear footsteps coming up the stairs. "Mom I don't need any help! I already told you!"

"I know sweetie I just thought you could you some help my sweet sweet munchkin." Joe said in a girly tone.

"Hi Joe." you said with no energy.

"What do you want me to help you with?"

"Like I said, I don't need help so just do whatever you want."

"Ok." he looked down at me. We were really close together. His eyes looked down at my lips then back to my eyes. I stood there paralyzed. He leaned in a little bit but I swerved and went back to packing.

"Umm well just so you know, I don't need any help with my stuff either. My girlfriend, Amanda, is coming over to help me." Joe said trying regain his 'cool'.

"Oh ok. Well then have fun I guess." you said trying to act unfazed. Joe walked downstairs as you waited for the door to close. Once you heard the door close, you shut your door and started crying. Girlfriend? Is it that Amanda too? I'm stupid. I knew I couldn't get with someone like HIM and me being ME. A tear escaped my eye. I didn't mind wiping it. I just kept packing like nothing was wrong. I heard a knock on the door.

"Hello. Is everything ok in here?" mom asked.

"Yeah. Sorry I closed the door. There was something behind the door that I needed and I just didn't bother opening it again."