VII

I ran upstairs and shut my bedroom door. I needed Georgia and Ellie to bring me ice cream. I needed Lola and Layla to tell me jokes. I needed Genevieve and Kylie to gush all my problems out onto. I needed Maya to spill the tea to me. But most of all, I needed Joe. He would tell me jokes, bring me ice cream, let me gush all my problems out on him, and he would let me tell him all the tea he didn't care about. But, none of that ever happened. I dealt with heartbreaks by myself. I cried by myself and put on a smile when I would be with others. It could be the person I feel most safe with, and I wouldn't tell them or cry in front of them. I get this from being the oldest sibling. Holding back tears in front of Anthony and Kendall when mom and dad would fight. Knowing that I needed to protect them. I never, and still don't, cry in front of others. To this day, I don't show any unhappy emotion in front of anybody.

"But Joe! I love you and you love me!" I heard Amanda scream. I jump out of my bed and go to my brother's room where I can see Joe's driveway.

"No I don't! I know you put on an act. I know what you did to Y/N all through high school. I'm done! We're done!" Joe yelled to her. Amanda huffed and stomped to her car. Joe starts walking toward my house. Fuck. I run to my room and grab a tissue. I wipe my leftover tears and then proceed to throw it away. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Y/N can I come in?" Joe asked.

"Yeah sure." I said. Joe opened the door slightly and stood by my bed.

"Can I?" he asked while pointing to my bed.

"Yeah go ahead." I said as he sat down.

"I broke up with Amanda."

"I heard."

"Was I that loud?" he asked, smiling.

"Yeah. I think the whole neighborhood heard that one." I let out a little laugh.

"Well I can't do anything about it now."

"No you can't." I said looking at my lap.

"I came up here to say I'm sorry. I didn't connect the two and you know that you will come before any girlfriend because you have been with me for all of my life and will be with me till I'm dead."

"It's ok Joe. I have had my fair share of guys being blind. But, you are an exception." I said as I laid down.

"Let me guess, talking to me is so tiring you just needed to lay down."

"No I actually am getting really really old and my back hurts from carrying boxes, so I need to lay down. The you talking might be semi-right." Joe laid down beside me.

"I'm OFFENDED! My conversation are not as dry and boring as your texts to me!" Joe gasped.

"My texts are NOT dry!" I exclaimed. "Oh yes they are."

"Well your taste in women is just AWFUL!"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Make. Me."

Joe looked down at my lips then to my eyes. I did the same. Joe put a hand on my cheek and pulled me in. Joe placed a gentle and sweet kiss on my lips. I hesitated to kiss back and that's why Joe pulled away.

"I-I'm so sorry. I should of asked and FUCK! And now our friendship is ruined and it's all my fau-" I cut him off with another kiss.

"I never said I didn't like it Burrow."

"Sooooo does this mean we can like... you know.... fuck."

"JOSEPH LEE BURROW take me to dinner first! Jeez."

"I have taken you to dinner many a times."

"Well still no, we aren't even dating."

"Well if we do date... can we fuck then?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?! Yes! I will have a girlfriend AND a fuck buddy!"

"Oh I see how it is. You just want to date me so you can fuck me?!" I said and started to fake pout.

"Oh no no no no no. That's not wha I meant. You wouldn't just be a fuck buddy you would be an actual girlfriend and we would couple stuff like cuddle and pu-" I cut him off again with another kiss. He didn't waste anytime to kiss me back passionately. We started getting a little too and Joe unattached his lips from one and started kissing my neck.

"Joe. JOE! Stop that right nnnnnnnow." Joe had found my sweet spot and started sucking on it. I let him be for a minute and then pushed him off.

"As much as I enjoyed that, we are leaving soon so we have to go." I got up and started walking towards my door.

"Y/N! Wait!" Joe yelled. "Yeah what's up?"

"Can you maybe just maybe be my, girlfriend?"

"It would be a pleasure."

"So is that a yes?! Y/N! Is that a yes or a like 'it would be something I would like in the future' type of thing or-"

"It's a yes Burrow. Now, no telling ANYONE."

"Not even my mom?!"

"Not even your mom... for now."

"Ok. I can wait. But a real quick kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend officially."

"Ok." I got up on my tip toes and kissed Joe. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. We stopped and he put his forehead on mine.

"Come on. Let's go outside. Our families are waiting for us." Joe nodded and put his arm around my shoulder. I smacked it right off.

"No one can know."

"Ok. Ok. I know. But you didn't have to SLAP ME." I just giggled and walked downstairs, Joe trailing right behind me.

———————
got a little spicy 🌶 didn't it???
but like there will not be like any detailed smut there will be shit like that and other shit like: 'let's just say we didn't get much sleep that night'
thx for reading