IV

*11 years ago*

"Mom! Do I have to invite Chloe? It's my last birthday party before high school. She's such a brat. And you know she has a thing for Joe!" I exclaimed.

"Honey, if you invite your whole class you have to invite her!"

"Fine. I guess that does make sense." I giggle. Chloe (sorry if ur name is chloe 🥲) is this ASSHOLE that is Joe and I's grade. She's a pick me, stuck up brat. Sorry to be so harsh but it's true! She hates my ass but pretends to like me because she has this fat crush on Joe.

"Off to school sweetie."

"Is Aunt Robin driving me?"

"Yes. Now go. She's probably waiting for you." I run outside and get into her car. "Hi Aunt Robin. Hey Burrow."

"Hi Y/N how are you?" Aunt Robin asked.

"I'm fine but I'm excited for the party tonight."

"Same. It's gonna be so fun. I know it." Joe said.

"Me too."

*mid chapter timeskip to lunch time brought to you by Ocahi Agbaji being hot*

You over hear Chloe and her group of stuck of bitches talking. Her group consists of Chloe, the Regina George of the group. Then there's Emily, the Gretchen Wieners of the group. And there's Morgan, the Karen Smith of the group.

"I'm gonna ask Joe to kiss me tonight! The plan is that I'm gonna 'need to go to the bathroom' and ask to Joe to show me where it is. Then I'm gonna go into the bathroom and do my hair, makeup, and other stuff you know the usual. Then I'm gonna ask him to take me to his room then I'm gonna kiss him. Right then and there." Chloe explains.

"What an amazing idea!" Morgan replies, in an almost robotic tone.

"He's gonna come back wanting more." Emily snickers.

"That's what I'm aiming for." Chloe smirks.

"But Chloe! You guys are only 14!" Morgan exclaims.

"I'm not gonna do that with him, dumbass! He's gonna want to go the next level and date me." Thank God she meant date and not... you know.

That was all said in line on the way to lunch. You rush downstairs with your lunch and sit at you and your friends' table. Your closest friends are Ellie and Kylie. You have other friends that you are close to like Lola, Genevieve, Georgia, Maya, and Layla but you were closer to the others.

"Guys, I heard Chloe talking about how she wanted to kiss," you look around, making sure the coast is clear, "Joe."

"Really?" Georgia asked.

"Yes! Joe's like a brother to me and I don't want him to be hurt by her."

"Knowing you Y/N, that would ruin your entire birthday party." Layla stated.

"It would just hurt to see Joe get hurt by her." You sit right by Joe's table of friends and Chloe's table is right next to them. You look over to see Chloe flirting with Joe.

"Just caught her ass in 4k." you say.

"Y/N! Language!" Ellie yells at you.

"Sorry, mom." I say and we all start dying of laughter.

*second mid chapter timeskip to right before the party brought to you by Troy Bolton "Breaking Free"*

"Ayo shitbag! Let's throw the football!" I yell to Joe from downstairs. He is currently sitting upstairs in his room.

"What if I don't want to asshole!"

"Then I'll play Kendall's Spotify playlist, rename it, and tell everyone it's yours bitch!"

"You better fucking not! I swear if you do I will kick your ass to the moon where only Steve Rogers can see you!"

"Do it! Steve is probably better than your ass!"

"Honestly, he probably is."

*third mid chapter time skip to the middle of the party brought to you by Anthony Mackie finding a couch fry and eating it*

The party is going great so far. You and your friends are having tons of fun. You over hear Chloe telling her friends that "it's time."

"Sorry guys, I'll be right back." I say to my friends. I go over to Joe and his group of friends. I make it to Joe before Chloe can get there.

"Joe, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, Y/N." Joe replies. "Be right back, guys." I look back and to see Chloe pissed off. Luckily, she doesn't follow us. Joe and I go up to my room and shut the door.

"Joe, I brought you up here because Chloe was gonna ask you where the bathroom was."

"Well that's a normal ques-"

"Let me finish. She was gonna ask you where the bathroom is and then she was gonna ask you to show her your bedroom and then kiss you." I explained. Joe's expression changed from confused to utter shock.

"Why is that such a bad thing? You know I want to have my first kiss and she must want it too. And if it's me, who cares?"

"I care. I just didn't want your first kiss to be... her."

"Why not? Are you jealous or something?" he smirked.

"WHAT!? NO! No. Jesus Christ. I just wanted your first kiss to be someone that means a lot to you, not someone like her."

"And who do you think that someone is?"

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe.... me?"

"You do mean a lot to me. You're like my best friend. Maybe our first kiss could be each other so it would be someone who would mean a lot to us?"

"That's a great idea. So we don't regret it."

"Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking! So Y/N, do I have the permission to kiss you?"

"Yeah. Yeah you do." Joe put his hand on my cheek and leaned in to kiss me. Our lips collided. It was a short and sweet kiss.

"That was.... cool, I guess."

"Yeah, you're right." We went back downstairs with big smiles.

"GUYS! Joe just kissed me!" I exclaimed.

"What really?! So it was-" Lola said but then was cut off by me.

"My first kiss. Yes!" All of us squealed in excitement. I over hear Chloe ask Joe where the bathroom is.

"You go straight up the stairs and it should be down the hallway."

"Can't you take me?"

"Well, I thought you could do it yourself and I can't really I'm busy."

"Ugh! Whatever." Chloe stomps over to her friends and starts to pout. Her friends rub her back and try to sooth their "hurt" and "sad" friend.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Joe and Y/N! Happy birthday to you!" everyone sings. Joe and I blow out our candles. We had a small smash cake that was meant for babies. My mom takes the candles out and you smash Joe's head into the cake.

"Hey!" Joe yells and he does the same back to me.

"Revenge tastes sweet." Joe says.

"Like," I take a bit of cake off my face and eat it, "chocolate with vanilla frosting." Joe laughs with me and I get this tingly feeling in my stomach and my face heats up.

What is happening to me?

—————
1000+ words?? LONG AF
not a filler ig
thx for reading