XIV

this picture^ is just.. hot
sad one 😢
ayyyy thanks for all the reads ☺️
——————————

*4 years ago*

A knock came from my door. I stood up from my desk and walked over to it. It was Joe.

"Hi Y/N, can I come in?" Joe asked.

"Of course!" I said and let him in. He seemed... off.

"We need to talk." My face dropped.

"About what?" I asked. Joe adjusted his position to look at me. He looked hurt and that it was hard for him to look at me.

"I'm switching colleges." My face dropped even more, if that's possible.

"To where?" I asked.

"LSU."

"YOU MEAN LSU AS IN THE SCHOOL IN LOUISIANA?! THAT'S REALLY FAR AWAY!" I didn't mean to yell, I just.. did.

"It was the only college that offered me a scholarship and guaranteed a starting position at quarterback."

"So, you applied for other colleges without telling me?" I was starting to get mad.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MY LIFE Y/N! YOUR JUST MY GIRLFRIEND! WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU?!" Joe yelled. I stayed silent, like a child getting scolded by their teacher. I just looked at my feet and nodded. I looked up at him.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't know I was just a girlfriend." I looked down. He took his finger under my chin to make me look up at him. Joe looked hurt, you could see his heart shatter in his eyes. I stood up and went to go sit on Tyler's bed.

"What are you doing?" Joe's voice sounded like it was about to break.

"Getting out of your way. You know, since I'm just a girlfriend." I plainly said. Joe broke out in a sob. He looked up with tears staining his face.

"You aren't just a girlfriend Y/N! You're more than that and you know that! I was just, angry! Im sorry! I love you so fucking much Y/N! I'm really sorry." Joe sobbed. A sad and hurting silence occurred.

"I love you too Joe. I just, don't know how I could.. be without you for so long." Joe sat up.

"We could make it work! Visit each other every so often and on holidays. We could FaceTime every night! We could-" I cut him off.

"Joe, I'll forget to FaceTime. I can't fly out to you cause I'm a broke college student and so are you! I think we need to take a break. For, I don't know how long. Just, a break. We can still be friends though, right?" Joe was shocked.

"F-friends? We've been best friends our whole lives. Now we're just.. friends?"

"No! Of course we'll still be best friends! We're just not dating that's it."

"Best friends. I'm ok with best friends. I- I gotta go. See you later." Joe smiled. He leaned in and placed a tender kiss on my cheek. I didn't know I would miss that touch so much, THAT touch.

——————
i told y'all it was fucking sad 😭
short but i hope the next chapter will be long 🤞
have a good one! 😘