XVII

"Out of all the clothes in you closet, you are wearing an Ohio State Sweatshirt? You're going to get beat up so badly and I'm just gonna watch." Joe paced around his room, looking for God knows what. I was sitting in Joe's dorm, waiting for him to finish getting ready.

"Wow. That's cruel. Your mother would be so disappointed." I smirked. He sighed. Me bringing his mom into the conversation must of done something to his mind.

"Here, just so you don't get beat up." Joe tossed me a piece of clothing. I picked it off of my lap and turned it around. It was his LSU football sweatshirt. I shrugged, accepting what Joe had just given me. I took off my sweatshirt and tossed his sweatshirt on. It smelled like him. I smiled at the scent.

"What's got you all smiley?" Joe wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Nothing, Burrow. Now, get back to whatever the fuck you were doing and stop focusing on me." I blushed slightly, not enough that he would see it. Or so I thought. Joe came up real close to my right ear. I could feel his breath on my neck, which gave me goosebumps.

"That blush on your face says something different, darling." he said in a low, very hot voice. I got major butterflies and a even deeper, pink blush. He stood up, smirked, and then acted like NOTHING HAPPENED. The amount of sexual tension in the room was very high. You could feel it outside the door, probably.

"Wow. Your gonna do that and then not give me any context on why you did it?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"What?" he asked, acting dumbfounded.

"Joseph Lee Burrow. You didn't just just ask me 'what?' You know what you did." Joe blushed right after I said his full name.

"I see. You like me using your full name. You think it's hot, Mr. Joseph Lee Burrow." He blushed even more at my statement. Suddenly, Joe turned towards me. He walked really close to me, our bodies were practically touching.

"I do think it's hot when you use my full name. God, it- it makes me so-" he stopped. He looked down at my lips, then back into my eyes; like he was asking permission. We both had the same idea. We both leaned in for a sweet and gentle kiss. It quickly got more hungry and passionate. He pulled away and smiled. God that smile gets me every fucking time.

"Do you know else gives me the hots for you? My sweatshirt on you. God, you look so good." He said and started kissing my neck. I liked it, I really did. My eyes fluttered shut, taking in the moment. Then, I had a rush of realization. Joe was attempting to pull off my sweatshirt, but I pushed him off instead.

"Joe." I said, looking him in the eyes.

"What's wrong y/n, you know you can tell me anything." he rubbed my arms up and down.

"This isn't right." I stepped back, "I'm not gonna be one of your, oh-so-many, one night stands. We're friends. I didn't come here to get fucked, I came here to rekindle a friendship."

"Y/n, you know your more than any one night stand I've ever had. Your my best friend, my neighbor, my for lifer." he smiled.

"Wait, you remember that? From when we were kids?"

"Of course I do y/n, and it's true! You will be stuck with me forever, even if we're dating or just friends. You're my for lifer." I stood there, taking in what Joe had said.

"I, uh, have to go. See you at the game." I grabbed my keys from the counter and left the apartment. My eyes filled with tears.

Why am I crying?

I wiped the tears trickling down my face.

This is so dumb. Why the fuck am I crying?

I headed out of the dorm complex, towards my car. I opened up the door and locked it straight away. I just wanted to sit there and cry but I had much more motivation to not. 1; Joe could come out and try to talk to me, which I did NOT feel like doing now. And 2; I'm a woman and even though it's the day time, I'm still cautious of unknown places.

I drive to the hotel I'm staying at. I park and head to my room. The elevator ride up to the 4th floor was... awful to say the least. There was a dude, his girlfriend, a mom, and her kid. The kid was wiping his boogers all over his coat and his mom was telling him not to. The dude and the girl obviously were going to their room to do some unholy shit. They were eye fucking each other and his hand was gripping her ass. The amount of sexual tension in there was giving me a headache. I left the elevator (thankfully). I headed to my room and tried to collect myself.

"Why am I crying?" I ask aloud. My hands were in my face.

I stayed there crying for a minute. I collected myself, remembering I have to meet Aunt Robin in an hour. I went to the shower and took a nice, long shower. Once I was done, I felt content. I wrapped a towel around my body and around my head. I had already gotten semi-ready for the game because I went over to Joe's. But that was ruined by my tears and the shower. I redid my makeup and dried my hair. I debated if I should put Joe's sweatshirt back on or not. Then I remembered, I left my sweatshirt at Joe's dorm. Welp, I'm not getting that back anytime soon. I texted Joe, asking him to bring it to the game.

joey 🐯

i left my sweatshirt at ur dorm. can u bring it to the game or give it to me another time

i'll give it to u at the game is that's ok?

that's good with me

good
on another note, can we talk about what happened earlier?
y/n?
please
ik ur ignoring me
can we just talk for a minute

we can but not over text

do u wanna call me?

no
i wanna talk irl

ok. that works for me
see you at the game

*you changed 'joey 🐯's contact name to 'for lifer 🐯'*

—————————
left on a cliffhanger-ish 😈
got lil spicy there didn't it 😳
did u notice how i used the title of the book there 😏😏
i wish i had a for lifer 😔
anyways, thx for reading 💜💛