xiv |reunion

WITH A SMILE Psyche passed Hades, unharmed, unscathed. The three-headed dog befriended her for cakes and the coins helped her cross the river that separated the two worlds.

Now, breathing happily in the freshness of Gaia, Psyche swirled around in joy.

Until she saw the wan, dull face of hers in a reflection upon a river. Cuts and dirt smudged her golden complexion.

She felt sad. Beauty was a virtue.

"Would it harm if I take one-quarter of a drop?"

It ain't, right?

"I don't want to face him like this. It will pain him."

Thus, she opened the box, ignoring the Queen's warning.

Alas, instead of eternal beauty, drops of eternal slumber waited in there, and upon opening the box Psyche fell into a sleep.

Persephone's attempt at suppressing the evil ways of Aphrodite backfired.

****

From Helios to Dionysus, each one who saw the scarlet wings of Eros and his newfound glory stood stupefied in their tracks. The sun had forgotten to march upon and the day seemed to have taken a pause.

The red string of fate that connected the two lovers had now reached its full maturation. Following the faint beating of her heart and his intuition, Eros reached the land just outside the entrance to Hades.

There, Psyche slept on the ground.

He took her in his lap, giving a peck on her lips. The glide of his gentle touch gave her love, which penetrating her now rough skin closed every wound and brought back vigour. From the corner of her eyelashes he caught the drops of eternal sleep and carefully put them inside the box.

Cradling her with a smile, he saw her eyes fluttering open.

He grinned at her, humming a little tune to himself.

Psyche blinked thrice, then pinched herself.

Eros let his hands caress her belly.

"The little one missed me more, it seems."

Psyche broke down into tears.

Eros and Psycheजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें