Chapter 4

♫Frozen and can't breath♫

Chapter 4. 🌺

(LOUIS' POV)

"Stupid, stupid stupid!" I muttered, frustrated with myself as I walked swiftly away from the girl. Amber. A beautiful name, for a beautiful girl. She was stunning. So gorgeous. Even though she was only wearing a baggy hoodie and sweatpants. For the first time in years, I had felt myself freeze in her presence. My charms and jokes abandoned me, leaving me a spellbound bundle of nerves.

I felt absolutely idiotic now, as I walked back towards the lads and the rest of our crew backstage. Amber was still stuck in my head. When she had exploded at me for messing up her lights and making her come to work early,it may have been one of the most adorable things id seen. I was intimated, yes, but her choice of curse words had made her fierce sentences sound cute.

I shouldve said something smart.

Or witty, or funny.

I should have made her laugh.

I wanted to hear her laugh. I wondered what her laugh might sound like. Maybe id see her soon. I looked behind me and watched Amber clean up the shards of lightbulb. A sudden pang of guilt raked through me as I watched her. I'm never messing with a tech booth again. I seriously hope she doesnt hurt herself on one of those shards.

Oh god Louis, stop thinking.

Harry's called you, and you dont have time for a girl anyway. Keep your mind on your job. I shook my head and tried to clear my mind of the girl and my stupid actions in her presence.

"God Louis, finally! I thought you had died or something." Harry scoffed, as soon as I joined both him and the lads backstage. I let out a sharp,unamused "HA." causing everyone near us to jump in shock. I was about to tell Harry about Amber (just that she was a janitor girl and she was fit. Not that I had gone completely 'shy guy'), when I spied Zayn with my phone in his hands.

"ZAYYYYYN!" I shouted, dive bombing the Pakistani boy. If He thought he could get away with stealing my phone, he was wrong.

"How in the world did you figure out my password?" I cried angrily, snatching the phone from Zayn's grasp and scrolling around quickly to see if anything has been changed.

"Really, Louis? Your password is One Direction. If I hadent been able to guess it I wouldve been pretty thick." Zayn rolled his eyes. I let out a disgrunted huff, making a mental note to change my password.

"What took you so long, Lou?" Liam asked, putting down his phone for half a second to look at me quizzically.

"Um, I was talking to the janitor." I said with a smile, although inside my heart was beating unusually fast. I was in no way used to being asked questions about what I was up to. I usually made what I was doing extremely obvious, and right now the thought of Amber and her crazy natural beauty had gotten me stunned.

"K." Liam said and ended the conversation. To which I thanked my lucky stars for.

"Boys! Lets grab some food, we cant have you guys rehearse until later this afternoon anyway. Since SOMEONE broke all the lightbulbs in the entire pavilion." Paul glared at us before gesturing for us lads to join him and get breakfast. I still could not believe that Amber was the only janitor girl. For the entire pavilion. I hoped she could do the job in time, and I felt a bit sorry for her.

Trying to clear my thoughts of the very pretty girl id just met, I followed my bandmates and Paul out the door.